Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 12:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Announcement of 6th Annual Fractal Art Competition  (Read 20718 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »

Fractalforums.com Annual Fractal Art Competition 2013 Rules Announcement

WARNING:

The Submission Period for this competition starts on 1st of May, previously released entries are
subject for disqualification. The Reason why the competition rules are announced that early is
that it gives producers more time for creating/rendering entries.

Competition Rules  Announcement

Fractalforums.com is holding the 6th annual fractal art contest in 2013.

Prizes are as every year winning images printed on coffe cups.

The Competition is splitted up into 3 sections:

- Film

in the film section minimum 5 minute long fractal videos are accepted. This section is the main
reason for the announcement of the competition rules so early, because in roughly one month as
it has been before nothing really exciting can be created. Regarding the complex workflow on
incorporating fractal objects into films. Use Voxel Stack exports to bring the Fractals into your
favorite Fractal Program. Use a camera tracker to place Fractal Objects in real film recordings.
Create a stunning soundtrack that is perfectly syncronised to the film. Your creative mind might
need an extension for this. This is the champions league of fractal art!

The filme section now requires that you include the following text in the intro/outro of your production:
"Fractalforums.com Annual Fractal Art Competition 2013"
this is for specially recognising it as competition entry, and additionally it serves the secondary purpose
to stretch your movie slightly to fit into the 5 minute mark!

- Still Frame

the still frame section allows submission of any image without any restrictions, photography,
layering, post works, painting. Express your feelings through an image. Attentuate Details, make
use of modern image editing software to get the last out of your image. Single Click and render images
might not be enough to become even recognised this year! Let your mind flow to create something new!

- Axolotl

The Axolotl is an remarkable animal. It is native to the mexican area of xochimilco. The deep cultural
dependencies make this a real hard task, to resemble something equally cultural appealing as well as
artistical appealing. The animal has some interesting properties, first worth mentioning is that it can
stay juvenile or grow up into adulthood, second is that each organ or extremity can grow back after an
injury. This section is dedicated to this years sponsor. May it be an abstract resemblance or a detailed
reproduction anything may be entered here, let your creativity flow in this section as well.

Please refer to the wikipedia description of this animal here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl

* 4444.jpg (10.62 KB, 261x193 - viewed 1768 times.)

* Axolotl6.jpg (6.61 KB, 240x180 - viewed 1514 times.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:51:32 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »

no animation / short film <5min section this year?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

i am afraid, no

---

schizo
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »

except it looks like an axolotl  wink

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »

yes, it seems that the axolotl part leaves it open to the artist whether it moves or not ... !

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »

Don't know, if I get a 5 minutes film together this year. I've got an Idea of what I want, but it needs about 4 times more keyframes than last year and don't I know if In get this done (special kind of animation synced to beats per minute). But I know one thing: I'll definitely go in for the thitrd category - the Axolotl - I've got a promising fractal, that I'm sure, I'll be able to refine it apt for the competition. Nice theme!  grin grin grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »

arhh, i adjust the rules slightly, to include an intro/fractalforums theme .... argh, forgot it, will be updated in a few minutes

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 10:00:13 PM »

arhh, i adjust the rules slightly, to include an intro/fractalforums theme .... argh, forgot it, will be updated in a few minutes
Don't worry, my calculation bases on about 4:35min fractal animation...

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:51 PM »

no animation / short film <5min section this year?

i am afraid, no

Oh why? I was thinking on aiming for this section this year, as I think I had good possibilities... I'll have to work on camera movements on Fragmentarium to achieve a good >5 min film. I hope Syntopia make the keyframe animation feature on time... please  praying - Another possibility is moving to eiffie's Animandel pro... I don't want to make a M3D film, as I want to implement the stuff I'm doing in GPU sad

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »

@kali i am sorry, but the rules for the compo change from year to year, the short anims was a test, and next year i am going to concentrate on real 3d wink
so, you can do nice things with fragmentarium already, just a little cutting work to put all your stuff together wink

this is the reason that i announce it that early, to give you the needed time to deal with the setup !!!

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »

I'll have to work on camera movements on Fragmentarium to achieve a good >5 min film. I hope Syntopia make the keyframe animation feature on time...

Uh, hard stuff. To get in competition with you Kali is really challenging - and will be hard to manage. But maybe a good motivation to make it twice as nice... the old (me and the cpu) versus the new (you and the gpu). Last year, I was successful against effie's technical fireworks. Let's see what the new year brings on.

LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »

Great! I always wait for this contest with extreme eagerness.

This year I will give a chance to you guys ... I will let you win ... by no taking part in the competition ... Just kidding, of course. The truth is that my next fractalish work is in a very early stage and I will need at least an year to finish it (if I do not give up earlier). I also had plans to collaborate with Taurus66, but never got the courage to ask him...

However, the last section in this year contest is a real jewel! Congratulations to the person whose idea it is.

Some time ago I had an idea about a change in the scoring algorithm. cKleinhuis pointed me some really weak points in this algorithm, and later I change it in a way that all known (to me) problems are eliminated. Is it just the right time/place to discuss it, or it is already too late?
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

I am planning to compete for the first time this year

open-source rocks
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

Very good this might be an impressive contest prepare the most impressive stuff for it smiley keep it und the floor and use the time for perfection wink i am looking forward to it, submission period will start on 1st of may

---

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »

I am planning to compete for the first time this year
+1

I am actually in the process of resurrecting two years old idea right now and, seeing how I never have enough time in the evenings to just do it in one breath, it may very well be finished just in time for submission in May smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: