Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 12:23:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Announcement: 9th Annual Fractal Art Competition 2016  (Read 21034 times)
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 03:34:36 PM »

Hi want participated but my english is poor sad

Im tried to understand Still Frame Wildstyle is editting fractal ?
Hello and welcome.
I would like to answer your question but I can't really get what you are trying to ask. Could you try to ask the question again? smiley

Alternatively, could you tell us what language you speak? A moderator or member who speaks your language might be able to help you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:05:24 PM by TheRedshiftRider » Logged

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »

Still Frame Wildstyle is editing fractal ?

i think still frame wildstyle is anything you want as long as it involves fractals.

edit: oh sockratease just said that  afro
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »

The forum banner says 2015...    police
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 06:20:20 PM »

The forum banner says 2015...    police

lol, you got me, will exchange it after workdaytime.... done

side note: everybody can upload 1000x90 images to that category (link below image) and contribute to the banner amount

side question: is it true that no body can see the "add video" button ?!?!?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:57:10 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
NoryPR
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 01:08:56 AM »

i think still frame wildstyle is anything you want as long as it involves fractals.

edit: oh sockratease just said that  afro

Thanks for answer sorry Im speak spanish hehe.  Im need put parameters or not necessary.  Other things what is in pixels need the imagen for contest thanks for all help. Im said 1500 x 1500 example or more big  embarrass
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 06:48:10 AM »

Thanks for answer sorry Im speak spanish hehe.  Im need put parameters or not necessary.  Other things what is in pixels need the imagen for contest thanks for all help. Im said 1500 x 1500 example or more big  embarrass

For the wilddstyle section its not required to share parameters, but of cours you could do that if you like.

The size of your image doesn't matter. As long as you can upload it to the gallery. It simply is not possible to upload images larger than 5000x5000.
I would say 1500x1500 is large enough but if you want more detail in your image I would recommend trying a larger one.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
pulsar69
Navigator

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 07:27:10 AM »

lol, you got me, will exchange it after workdaytime.... done

side note: everybody can upload 1000x90 images to that category (link below image) and contribute to the banner amount

side question: is it true that no body can see the "add video" button ?!?!?

Personnaly i can't see the add button..and i cant see video too(looks like a broken picture). So i must read the source to get the link to youtube)

Cheers

A topologist is someone who doesn't know the difference between a cup of coffee and a donut.
NoryPR
Forums Freshman

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 08:34:20 PM »

For the wilddstyle section its not required to share parameters, but of cours you could do that if you like.

The size of your image doesn't matter. As long as you can upload it to the gallery. It simply is not possible to upload images larger than 5000x5000.
I would say 1500x1500 is large enough but if you want more detail in your image I would recommend trying a larger one.

smiley Put in 3000 x 4000 pixels imagen ty.  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:21:25 AM by NoryPR » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 11:21:23 PM »

great, there seems to be an issue regarding video linking, please just use the embedding of video links by pasting the youtube url in the description of your submission

---

TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

Is there someone who could translate the contest information to Spanish and would be willing to do that?

apeirographer
Forums Freshman

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »

How long are the video submissions supposed to be?

Do they have to be uploaded to the forums?  If so, what is the file size limit?  If not, is there a preferred storage / streaming site?

Is there a preferred resolution?

Thanks!

Apeirographer
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »

How long are the video submissions supposed to be?

Do they have to be uploaded to the forums?  If so, what is the file size limit?  If not, is there a preferred storage / streaming site?

Is there a preferred resolution?

Thanks!

Apeirographer

they may be as long as you like, they have to be uploaded to a standard video streamer, like youtube or vimeo, resolution? as bis as possible, 16:9 2160p cheesy

---

apeirographer
Forums Freshman

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 03:56:59 PM »

Standard video streaming compression tends to wreak havoc on my pristinely prepared mp4 files.

Is there a size limit at which it could even be uploaded to the board directly?  Or is it simply best to also provide a secondary link to an "original quality" version?

Thanks!
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 05:50:11 PM »

including a direct download link is definitely a good thing to do  smiley  i dont think you can upload huge files to the forum directly.  youtube is just awful.  judging from other people's posts, vimeo seems okay i guess if you want a streaming link with better quality than youtube.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »

vimeo is better than youtube , I think the quality ends up being determined by your connection, if it's fast then good quality but when slow it adjusts to compensate, a vimeo expert might have a better answer but this is my impression, youtube just seems to mash them into the smallest possible stream.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: