Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 04:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 8th Annual Fractal Art Competition 2015 - Announcement  (Read 19600 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »

Ok thanks.

I think for after the submission period comment-updates are a good alternative. But it was just to ask if it would follow the rules.

use the time to polish the entry until voting starts, the issue with that is rather that it might stay unnoticed if something has been changed afterwards,
using comments is viable for that then ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »

use the time to polish the entry until voting starts, the issue with that is rather that it might stay unnoticed if something has been changed afterwards,
using comments is viable for that then ...
ok.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Lelle
Explorer

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 07:26:02 AM »

Is it allowed to replace one of my entries with a better fractal? Just curious since I've just rendered a fractal that I think is superior to any of my entries.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:58:47 AM by Lelle, Reason: spell check » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »

you can change your entry as long as the submission period ends! after that any changes are prohibited!

---

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »

There works something wrong in the gallery. I tried to submit image (http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=17672) for Competition but it has no thumbnail. I have uploaded image once again, but there is still the same problem.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 08:02:15 PM »

There works something wrong in the gallery. I tried to submit image (http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=17672) for Competition but it has no thumbnail. I have uploaded image once again, but there is still the same problem.

I'll have a look.

We recently had an issue with a single image giving a strange, oddly cropped, thumbnail.  Perhaps this is related?

The last one was resolved when the user opened and resaved the image in an image editor.  No idea why that worked or what happened, but it's worth mentioning.

I do know we have no way to regenerate thumbnails, so this is definitely a job for Christian to look into!

Feel free to try opening and re-saving, then upload again.  If it works, I'll just delete the old one but think it should stay until Christian can see it as it is, just in case it helps narrow the problem down.  Uploading again wont be an issue and I may be able to hide the old one without removing it if he doesn't show up and see this.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:11:34 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 08:24:15 PM »

I'll have a look.

We recently had an issue with a single image giving a strange, oddly cropped, thumbnail.  Perhaps this is related?

The last one was resolved when the user opened and resaved the image in an image editor.  No idea why that worked or what happened, but it's worth mentioning.

I do know we have no way to regenerate thumbnails, so this is definitely a job for Christian to look into!

Feel free to try opening and re-saving, then upload again.  If it works, I'll just delete the old one but think it should stay until Christian can see it as it is, just in case it helps narrow the problem down.  Uploading again wont be an issue and I may be able to hide the old one without removing it if he doesn't show up and see this.

Resaving helped. Now it is displayed properly. Thanks for help

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 10:43:09 PM »

the gallery is behaving oddly, memory should be enough, last time we had a problem with a smaller png (8mb) but a larger jpg (11 mb) worked, so, jpg seem to be working better for large images here

---

Lambarie
Alien

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 03:02:26 AM »

Hi,  I have tried several times to post an image in Wild Style. It hasn't made it yet. Am I doing something wrong? The image is called 'Jabberwock' and it comes from Lambarie (Patricia Scott)

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: