Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 09:53:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Annual Fractal Art Competition 2012 Announcement  (Read 18958 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »

okay, used the testuser account to check it, i locked the parent category, which prevented sub categories as well to be used as targets, now the category is correctly preselected when clicking add-image .... lets get startet!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Fitz
Explorer

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »

okay, used the testuser account to check it, i locked the parent category, which prevented sub categories as well to be used as targets, now the category is correctly preselected when clicking add-image .... lets get startet!

Thanks for that, I thought I had completely forgotten how to use a forum for a second. Submitted my three entries into Wildstyle for this year, I'm looking forward to losing to Kraftwerk again like I expect.
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »

just in case flash animations go in film or in animation ?

Edit

humm..i was no clear, for flash animation i simply mean animation saved in flash format
i have no so clear the distinction you do between movie and animation

it is (short)"movie" opposite to little animated gif ?

Flash animation .flv like youtube or watever would hardly be web content.

fractal catalisator
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »

short animation is generally meant to be a real short animation e.g. below 1 minute of play,
the "film" section is meant for longer productions ( 5minutes minimum ) and for better music background and story....
this compo set up is a test this year, and i did it for sockratease, but i see it is more confusing ( counting the entries allready submited )
and a little disappointing how few entries yet are achieved, perhaps it will grow until end of compo, but certainly next
years will be 2 still sections, and 1 movie section....

but perhaps we can get some nice gif animations to be used as smileys out of it ?°! cheesy

---

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

As I posted, I have 5 MB gif file looping. Could I use deviantart as uploader service? I will tri the shrunk the gif, but at 100x100 wouldn't be much left of it.

fractal catalisator
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »

...a little disappointing how few entries yet are achieved,

I'm sorry that you find yourself disappointed, Christian - but maybe this reminder will help:
firstly, you have stipulated to "tell a story" - for at least five minutes - AND the story should convey that "The Possibilities are Infinite."
These things will take time to dream up and develop - and you know well that even a short anim can take months to render, so I suspect that
you're right that "perhaps it will grow until end of compo," Relax!

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »

firstly, you have stipulated to "tell a story" - for at least five minutes - AND the story should convey that "The Possibilities are Infinite."
These things will take time to dream up and develop

thanks kam - i could not say better. here a little calculation:
assuming you render 5 minutes of fractal animation @ 25 fps, you need 7500 frames. i am on an animation that takes about 3 minutes per frame with 720p (some more, some less). then rendering takes 3*7 500= 22 500min = 375 h = 15,625 days of rendering (24/7). so it's hard enough to to get it done anyway - we'll see how many will cross the finish line in time  grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »

in my eyes 5meg gifs dont make any sense ( no scrubbing, no load indicator, no music ) and i would suggest to submit your animation via standard youtube?

---

PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »

in my eyes 5meg gifs dont make any sense ( no scrubbing, no load indicator, no music ) and i would suggest to submit your animation via standard youtube?

humm 5MB is far too much for a gif but not sufficient for a video of more then few seconds

Maybe the best here is use  swf (flash ) will be quite less heavy (at least if you don't needed to repeat) and will allow a soundtrack
and higher image quality

If you use gimp i may indicate a script for automatic conversion (but do on the original not on the gif)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »

It is possible replace entries before the deadline ? huh?
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »

I was thinking of if there would be a "innovation" or "innovation of the year" categrory. It would not have much partipicants, but that would be pretty interesting one, recognising fractal innovation of the  year.

fractal catalisator
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 04:25:25 AM »

I was thinking of if there would be a "innovation" or "innovation of the year" categrory. It would not have much partipicants, but that would be pretty interesting one, recognising fractal innovation of the  year.

This sounds like something that would work better as something handed out based on the full year's worth of activity here, rather than specific entries. Usually something will stand out, like the Mandelbulb or the Mandelbox in their respective years.

PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 06:00:20 AM »

My message went lost !

Question was : it is possible replace the entry i already posted ?
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

yes it is possible, just tell me what you want to move from where to where, or if you want something removed tell it as well

---

Vega
Global Moderator
Conqueror

From Russia With Love

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

What is the maximum limit of size (kB) of a gif?
Can I replace my small smile?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: