Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 08:54:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Announcement of 6th Annual Fractal Art Competition  (Read 20710 times)
eiffie
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

It seems like a fair trade since you just took his house smiley
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »

He might eventually get his house back, still. Maybe damaged as well :smiley
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »

If I had been given the choice whether I wanted to exist or not, I would have chosen not to exist. Now that I'm here, the world will have to deal with me whether you like it or not. Blame the universe.

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »

Oh you had a choice, but you were too busy looking for an egg to stop and think about it.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »

That's strange. I haden't expected to meet bullies on a fractalforum. So do you want me to kill myself or what? Oh must you feel proud of yourself.

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FONN-0uoTHI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FONN-0uoTHI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »

That's strange. I haden't expected to meet bullies on a fractalforum. So do you want me to kill myself or what? Oh must you feel proud of yourself.

Hopefully this is just a language barrier problem.

I read makc's comments as attempts at humor, not abuse.

But if you feel otherwise - I apologize for not stepping in earlier.

Everybody - Please remain civil in these forums   police

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »

I read makc's comments as attempts at humor, not abuse.

I'm not natively english as well and I would also read makc's post as a suggestion to end his existence - this doesn't change by an easter egg.
But I'm also quite sure, that it wasn't meant this way. So I guess it is a language barrier problem...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

The guy brought this topic out of nowhere when we were talking about his usage of parents property. I should have saw the sign, and following post should not have been made. I'm sorry.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

I'm not natively english as well and I would also read makc's post as a suggestion to end his existence
I should have saw the sign
Actually I didn't interpret it that way at all. Maybe the language barrier is my fault.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »

I'm not natively english as well and I would also read makc's post as a suggestion to end his existence
I should have saw the sign
Actually I didn't interpret it that way at all. Maybe the language barrier is my fault.

I don't think it's anybody's fault.

It was just a misunderstanding.  Humor never translates well from language to language.

As long as nobody is upset. and nobody is mad at anyone over this, it's just another "one of those things" and we can put it behind us - and get back to talking about the contest!

I am really hoping to have something nice for this year myself.  I actually won the first one of these I entered back in 2006, and haven't even placed since   cry

I have a half decent computer now, so plan on making a better showing this time around.  IF I can ever get spare play time...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »

Could I upload some pic to a secret place. I just made a pictura, and are strugling not to post it before a competition.

fractal catalisator
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »

Lol try to keep it under the carpet or perfectionize it somehow, many people are asking, it just one month left until the submission period begins

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
eiffie
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »

For that reason I haven't even started a video for the contest yet. I know I will just post it when I am done thinking "I can do better". Then I use up all my good ideas smiley
trumanbrown
Safarist

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 08:37:46 AM »

If anybody's interested, here's a short video intro I threw together.  

Unfortunately it didn't work well with the project I was working on so I thought I'd post it here in case someone else might like to use it to meet their intro/outro requirement for the video competition.

View the video directly on vimeo to see the download option.

Best regards,
Truman

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=63014000&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=63014000&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: