Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Announcement - 10th Annual Competition 2017 - End of an Era (DELAYED)  (Read 14402 times)
Description: 10th Annual Fractal Art Competition announcement - lets celebrate a decade of ff
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »

Hello, I can't find the "Enter video" function and I have decided to publish by introducing the YouTube's direct link for the video. Now it happens that when I see the publication on my computer doesn't appear the YouTube's embedded player, however on my mobile phone I can see it.

Can someone tell me if have the same problem and how to solve it?

It shows and plays fine from here.

The only issue was that it took about a minute to load and show at all.

Not sure why it took so long, but it worked.

You did just copy and paste the url from the address bar of your browser, right?

Don't use any embed codes they give, just paste the link from the address bar of the browser - the embed codes are problematic on this particular forum.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sergio CT
Explorer

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »

You did just copy and paste the url from the address bar of your browser, right?

Yeah, I just paste the direct link. Thank you very much!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

I just did the ritual disabling of stuff in the Gallery for the contest.

Christian usually does it, so if I broke anything, please post here!  I was careful, but can undo anything I did easily so if there is an issue which I can't see - just let me know!

For those who don't know, we disable the ratings during submission period and re-enable them for "voting."  We also disable the things like "most viewed" in the main view so it doesn't influence the voting.

Again, if I did something wrong, let me know!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 04:10:42 PM »

am i the only one believing this forums has already a huge impact to the world or am i just megalomaniac ? (what i am certainly am, but is it just fake that hollywood studios are using stuff that has actually been discussed here long before they used it??? )
I believe that fractalforums had impact. You see, new Euronews house looks like something computer generated with holes like of Mandelbox. Just a coincidence?

Here they are building sierpinsky triangle:

Of this:

And this is largers resource about this. Its not the direct influence but its spreading like waves of thrown rock.

fractal catalisator
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 01:50:37 AM »

i am so sad no one recognizes this forum outside the forums, and even forum members dont mind participating, so i am very disappointed about how i managed the forum that it became so non recognised by any public, and the low interested in this years compo i see as simple fail for me ... nevertheless i need to make a teaser video before compo ends, love you all people

so big movie companies take advantage of the efforts here but no one even seems to be able to celebrate, really really really pittiful and sad situation here for me ... i am just not able to pull publicity out of it ... goddam it

which might lead to a total shutdown of the forums, keeping content alive, but i wont be supplying any more time in a forum that is just taken advantage of but no one seems to like giving back,  like sponsoring or even publicly mention it goddam .... and so i wont be hosting the forums2 supposedly ... i am shameful for the situation of not pulling out a kais powertool publicity site although he is working with member of forums here,
 its really such a silly situation that it puts out impact but no one recognise it... and since this years competition is not going to change it a bit since no one participates i take it as fluff of and make my own thing perhaps i do manage to create a fractal museum in 10 years but this is a reallly really really fluffing disappointing fluffing situation damn it not even deviantart users of forums outcome celebrate this site what a horrible situation i am feeling like i did nothing accomplish in the years
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:04:45 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Efoia
Forums Freshman

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 03:15:30 AM »

Working on my submissions  grin

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 06:38:06 AM »

so big movie companies take advantage of the efforts here but no one even seems to be able to celebrate, really really really pittiful and sad situation here for me ... i am just not able to pull publicity out of it ... goddam it

I feel it too sad FF is a rare collection of talent, maybe in the terms of use, or the footer of every page, you could add a clause that states the "collective" (members) own all ideas, research, proofs, papers, code and formulas displayed here in and that full credit must be given for use of said material or derivative works.

Then leak to the press that certain unnamed film studios may have derived ideas, formulas and/or code from this forum...

it could generate a buzz wink

@cKleinhuis You've done an outstanding job and I personally thank you for allowing me the opportunity to explore where no one has gone before  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup don't let it get you down buddy!!!

just my thoughts smiley

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »

cKleinhuis:
Yes it's like we are naive people.

fractal catalisator
Fitz
Explorer

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »

i am so sad no one recognizes this forum outside the forums, and even forum members dont mind participating, so i am very disappointed about how i managed the forum that it became so non recognised by any public, and the low interested in this years compo i see as simple fail for me ... nevertheless i need to make a teaser video before compo ends, love you all people

I wouldn't put lack of public interest on you. I've been working on a submission for this year, but fractal rendering is a relatively niche interest that doesn't have much public presence besides its inclusion in special effects for a few big-name movies recently. Even then, most people probably didn't know what they were actually looking at with stuff like the mandelbulbs in Big Hero 6 or HalTenny's contributions to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The forum is a great resource for people who already have an interest in fractal rendering, but that's a really specific hobby to have and most people probably wouldn't have reason to find this place unless they were already looking for it.
0xbeefc0ffee
Forums Freshman

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »

which might lead to a total shutdown of the forums, keeping content alive, but i wont be supplying any more time in a forum that is just taken advantage of but no one seems to like giving back,  like sponsoring or even publicly mention it goddam .... and so i wont be hosting the forums2 supposedly ... i am shameful for the situation of not pulling out a kais powertool publicity site although he is working with member of forums here,
 its really such a silly situation that it puts out impact but no one recognise it... and since this years competition is not going to change it a bit since no one participates i take it as fluff of and make my own thing perhaps i do manage to create a fractal museum in 10 years but this is a reallly really really fluffing disappointing fluffing situation damn it not even deviantart users of forums outcome celebrate this site what a horrible situation i am feeling like i did nothing accomplish in the years

I have recognized the same thing. I don't really even post here, but in my mind this website has a huge amount of street cred.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »

Just want to add that I really feel a huge debt to this forum and always have...
Been linking to ff many many times from my works.
Been contributing to the contest every year, this year has been very busy with my work and 3D prints and I have not been able to be as productive with images as I used to, I will contribute with a special piece as soon as I am finished with it. (and if I have time there might be one or two more...)
Love this forum. Thank you Christian and all you folks who makes this place DA SHIT!

Here is a postcard I made for the forums for the contest in 2013, click image for full story posted on Deviantart.

Efoia
Forums Freshman

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »

I'm having trouble submitting images, after the image uploads I get taken to a blank page and nothing gets submitted.  Tried on both Chrome and Edge.  Image is under the max file size and max dimensions. huh?

quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 11:02:52 PM »

i remember having that problem on some occasions before.  i forget what the problem was.  might have been the result of some adblockers or such...
Efoia
Forums Freshman

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 03:31:55 AM »

Thanks for the idea, but I tried it across multiple computers and browsers and still am getting a blank page.   sad

quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 04:06:12 AM »

actually im remembering now the last time it happened to me i ended up trying to change the resolution by a few pixels or something and then it worked.  so probably a site bug?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: