Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 01:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MDB3D-How to modyfy colours  (Read 436 times)
Description: Colour settings
Clior13
Alien

« on: August 15, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »

For Mandelbub3D I need a tutorial explaining how to modify colours . I need a written tutorial instead of a video.
Thank you smiley

Friendly
Lior
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »

For Mandelbub3D I need a tutorial explaining how to modify colours . I need a written tutorial instead of a video.
Thank you smiley

Friendly
Lior

Short answer : Use The Lighting Tab.

Long answer : Umm...  There is no long answer.   That's it!

Unless you have some more specific question, I am not sure how much more I can say. 

Is there some specific effect you are trying to create?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Clior13
Alien

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 04:38:55 AM »

When I click on Light we can see when clicking on object, we have Spec and under diff.
I don't know how to use colour ajustement, I only know to  randomise so how to give the shape for example a golden colour for example?You can see what I speak about on the attachment "Screen Shot"

Thank you for your help
Be blessed
Lior

* Screen shot.jpg (199.07 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 33 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

...I don't know how to use colour ajustement, I only know to  randomise so how to give the shape for example a golden colour for example?You can see what I speak about on the attachment "Screen Shot"

Like it says right under the color "stops" on the gradient - "Right click on the colors to change them"

Hope that helps.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Clior13
Alien

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »

Like it says right under the color "stops" on the gradient - "Right click on the colors to change them"

Hope that helps.
Suppose this rectangle white+ Blue1+ blue2, I must change on the right side  the 3 colours of every rectangles; one after the other???That's what you mean?It took me a huge of time.That's say not to use the icon diff and to work only with heighmaps???
At last I'll be crazy  huh?

Isn't there another way  'cause what you suggest would give me to stress!!!==>because of stress I have so health issues sad
There are nearly 100 rectangles!!!

I wouldn't like not to give up and to express  myself with MDB 3D it's my therapy

Thank you for your help
Blessing
Lior

* Screen shot.jpg (199.63 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 25 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »

Sorry, but the only shortcut would be to find "light sets" made by other users, or find fractals with parameters posted and save just the lights from them.  But editing them to your exact tastes is indeed tedious and time consuming - but it is only stressful if you let it be stressful.

You could look at it as a form of therapy unto itself, teaching patience, art skills, and Mind-Over-Computer skills all at once!

Stress is a problem, so if this is too much - I'd suggest staying away from height maps!  I still can't make them do what I want them to do, and I have been trying off and on for a while.

There are not always easy ways to do things, so unless there are ways of which I am unaware - this is it!

The easy option could be color channel mixing in an image editor after rendering, I suppose.  But that is yet another skill unto itself.

Hope that helps!

The screenshot you posted shows only 8 that would need editing.  The rest are not necessary and are bunched up at the end so they don't get in the way - but they are there if needed or wanted!

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »

Isn't there another way  'cause what you suggest would give me to stress!!!==>because of stress I have so health issues sad

in fact there are less than 30
besides Sock's wise words the following

the upper row, you can first ignore - it is for transparency
the middle row is for specular light - means the shinyness
the lower row is for diffuse light - means what it means

I suggest to play around a bit. Change some and see what happens. I'm afraid fractaling is some work and sometimes stress.
On the long run, you can't avoid it.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Clior13
Alien

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:37:04 PM »

Sorry, but the only shortcut would be to find "light sets" made by other users, or find fractals with parameters posted and save just the lights from them.  But editing them to your exact tastes is indeed tedious and time consuming - but it is only stressful if you let it be stressful.

You could look at it as a form of therapy unto itself, teaching patience, art skills, and Mind-Over-Computer skills all at once!

Stress is a problem, so if this is too much - I'd suggest staying away from height maps!  I still can't make them do what I want them to do, and I have been trying off and on for a while.

There are not always easy ways to do things, so unless there are ways of which I am unaware - this is it!

The easy option could be color channel mixing in an image editor after rendering, I suppose.  But that is yet another skill unto itself.

Hope that helps!

The screenshot you posted shows only 8 that would need editing.  The rest are not necessary and are bunched up at the end so they don't get in the way - but they are there if needed or wanted!
First of all I think MDB3D is a real powerful software.
Many friends at DA said that I need practice+ patience.I think I want to go too fast because of my enthusiasm.
I think you are right about the stress, I have to manage it.
About the colours I really didn't know that it was the way.
I thought about those tips: saving light settings...or lightmaps...
I know how to remaster an image with photoshop ...I have made many photo-manipulations.
But I don't want to have to use photoshop to remaster my MDB render: it's not my goal.
All  your advices are the best I got from this community.
Working with MDB all day long without sleeping is surely not the best way to learn.

Bright blessings
Friendy
Lior

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 08:05:54 PM »

I'm glad it helped   afro

This conversation gave me an idea to post in the thread for the next version of this software - I think I am going to suggest allowing use of ".map" files for gradients!  Then thousands of available files would become compatible and use of old programs like MakeMap would be possible   cheesy

Even  if one needed to import separate files for diffuse and specular colors, it would still open wide the possibilities.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you want help with other aspects of fractal-play!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: