Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MDB3D v 1.9 Lighting  (Read 1513 times)
Description: Unable to select background pictures
David
Forums Newbie

Just a little goofy

David Jenkins
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »

I'm working on some new images and am trying to select a background image from a group of files I have.  When I click on background image button to select an image certain images can be selected and other not.  Where I have two files of the same type (jpg) and file size one may be selected and the other not. 

I'm stumped on this one.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:06:20 PM »

Check your "ini directories" settings.

The images must be in the folder set for that function.

Hope that helps!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »

I am not quite sure about the newest version, but possibly your filename is too long. This was an issue in the older versions, no idea if that was hard-coded and still exists in 1.91.
Another issue could be the location of your files (like Sockratease says): Your backgrounds need to sit in the folder you specified in Ini>Initial directories and if you want to change that directory you really Really need to click the button Background Pictures, changing the text only works for the folder of the map files (do not ask me why :})

sabine62.deviantart.com
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:46:29 PM »

Another reason might be that the filename is too long. M3D only allows filenames up to a (too!) limited amount of characters.

Edit: Sabine was just a little quicker it seems... You may disregard this post  undecided

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
David
Forums Newbie

Just a little goofy

David Jenkins
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:56 PM »

The files I was working with were in the ini directory.  I changed to a another directory and used the images in that directory and things work fine.  Go figure?huh???  I will go back and check file name length of some of those that didn't work.  Some of the file names are a little verbose.  huh? grin

Thanks Everyone,
David
Clior13
Alien

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 02:48:28 AM »

1-rename the images for the simplest possible name
2/your images must be in the MDB folder even for v1.9.0 or v1.9.1 or older versions!!! as you can see in the attached file smiley

* PS.jpg (165.87 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 192 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: