Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 04:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Saving animation on a mac  (Read 952 times)
Drumhead Dad
Alien

« on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »

I need some help saving an animation made in Mandelbulb 3D so I can play it bac on a mac. I downloaded the mac version but when it comes to all the drop down windows the all seem to be in windows format
I made an animation,saved it for further work but when I went to open it its all in .bmp which is a bitmap and apple cant read...... the only way I can watch it is to open as layers in Gimp and then use the animation playback machine to watch.
What am I missing here

Please help
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:35:02 PM by Drumhead Dad » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »

I need some help saving an animation made in Mandelbulb 3D so I can play it bac on a mac. I downloaded the mac version but when it comes to all the drop down windows the all seem to be in windows format
I made an animation,saved it for further work but when I went to open it its all in .bmp which is a bitmap and apple cant read...... the only way I can watch it is to open as layers in Gimp and then use the animation playback machine to watch.
What am I missing here

Please help

I have a mac, but it runs OSX 10.5 - so this may not apply, but when I ran MB3D I used WINE as an emulator and everything worked exactly as on my windows machine, drop down menus and everything  (actually - I never heard of that problem - what do you mean by windows format drop down menus?).

As for bmp files, just change it to png in the animation maker window   wink

Once running WINE, go to Sourceforge and get the program VirtualDub.  Best free program ever for working with image sequences despite being windows only.

I do not know of any mac programs that will play an animation sequence without spending a fortune!  You need something on a par with Adobe Premiere / After Effects to do that.  

Good luck with it and I hope that helps   afro
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:05:46 PM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: