Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Gradient presets/saving  (Read 1708 times)
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« on: August 31, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »

I hope this isn't a case of me not seeing something right in front of my eyes, but it would be nice to have a way of loading or saving preset colour gradients, without having to save individually as lighting presets. This could be access in the same way you have implemented the depth colour selection (the right click function) Sorry if this has been raised before, I did search but found nothing.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:48:17 AM by toxic-dwarf » Logged
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

Again… through lack of responses i'll assume that this is a feature that is already provided and i'm asking stupid questions once more!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »

Saving is done by pressing "M" and afterwards on a preset button to store it.

It is limited to 10 presets, is this the problem?
You can find the presets in your AppData\Local\Mandelbulb3D\ folder as "color_preset_1.bin" to "color_preset_10.bin".

Sorry if i currently don't do very much on m3d programming and if so, then i choose some parts i like to extend for whatever reasons.  undecided
 A Beer Cup
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »

No need to apologise for anything, thank you very much for this great bit of kit. I realise that i can save colour/lighting presets (and obviously the gradients are included in this). But i thought a nice touch would be to have a separate menu for preset gradients, in the same style as the pop-up menu via right click on the depth slider in the ambient lighting section. This would make hot-swapping gradients and saving favourite gradients a more streamlined process.

Also i seem to have access to 15 slots for lighting presets (via buttons) and unlimited when saved to the m3l light parameter file. Is this not correct?

Sorry if my posts seemed in anyway bolshy, they were not intended that way.

Thank you once again for all you time and effort in producing a free piece of software that you could easily charge for, it wipes the floor with any of the other fractal/mandelbulb programs i have tried.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »

Saving is done by pressing "M" and afterwards on a preset button to store it.

It is limited to 10 presets, is this the problem?

It would be very nice the limit or removed or changed to much more then 10
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

I've been saving my lighting presets to the m3l parameter folder (specified via the initial directories button), then they appear in the pull down menu just below the preset buttons. This way it seems that there is no limit on the number you can save. I am however using Mandelbulb 3D on a mac via wineskin, i don't know if this would make a difference, i wouldn't have thought so.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: