Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 07:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: installation problem  (Read 3100 times)
Meskhenet
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:17 AM »

Excuse me if I'm posting on the wrong topic, I'm new here having just signed up today, but I really need some help with Mandelbulber. When I am about to finish installing it, I get a message saying there was an error and something went wrong with the installation. Does anybody know what this means and how I might be able to fix it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:31:23 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

you POSTED IT IN THE WRONG TOPIC, as side note for admins: i splitted the topic, and created a new thread, and moved it afterwards to the mandelbulber section, without redirection topic....

@meskhenet all fine now, hope your problem gets solved, but it would be a little more helpful if you post the exact error messages, e.g. post screenshots of the errors....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »

first of all, hello and welcome to the forums.  cheesy
it's difficult to find an answer for questions like

I get a message saying there was an error and something went wrong with the installation. Does anybody know what this means and how I might be able to fix it?

What OS you are using? Which version of mandelbulber (version + 32/64bit)? wording of the error message? special circumstances?
the more precise your question is, the more precise your answer might be. at this stage i can't even guess what the problem is...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Meskhenet
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:51:49 AM »

first of all, hello and welcome to the forums.  cheesy
it's difficult to find an answer for questions like

What OS you are using? Which version of mandelbulber (version + 32/64bit)? wording of the error message? special circumstances?
the more precise your question is, the more precise your answer might be. at this stage i can't even guess what the problem is...

My OS is Windows 7 and I just get an annoying message that says there was an error and I get the option to skip the message (doesn't work) or cancel installation. I think it's the 32 bit version. Installation goes along smoothly until the end when I get the message. I just took two screenshots and I'll link them below. I regularly have trouble installing programs like this, it's very frustrating. I don't know much about computers or software programming. I've linked some screenshots below after asking friends how to do it. I just hope they work.

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

when you have trouble installing programs frequently, it is likely, that there is a problem in windows configuration (screenshots support that).
open >system control >user accounts and check, if your account is an administrator or a user. you need to be loged as administrator to install programms.

try this. when it doesn't work, or you have problems to log on as admin, let me know.  grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »

Instalator needs administrator's rights. Try to run installer as an administrator.

JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »

On win 7 a pop up should pop up asking for the admin password when you try to install if not
then

then LOG OUT
NEVER NEVER  stay logged in as the admin
MS taught people to do that in xp and it IS A BIG mistake

also MS's messed up UAC so installing NON- Microsoft software in "program files"  can and DOSE cause problems when running them as a normal everyday user .
you might want to install in
c://Mandelbulber
- or in -
c://YourName/Mandelbulber
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:58:46 AM by JohnVV » Logged

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: