Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 04:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apophysis installation  (Read 588 times)
thegoatboy
Forums Freshman

« on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »

Hello

I'm probably being very silly here, but is there a procedure for installing apophysis?

I have the .exe of v2.09, but I can't seem to access the internal help file, or access any plugins

am I missing something??

any help will stop me from pulling what is left of my hair!!!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:34:52 AM »

hmm, that sound veeeeeeeeeeeeery strange, i am not aware about your previous installations, have you installed to a clean folder ? i mean just unpacked and clicked the.exe

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thegoatboy
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:01:03 AM »

I don't have a previous installation

Only the .exe off of souceforge
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:35:46 AM »

so, what do you mean by "access the help file"?

- what is the link of the download

beside of this, apophysis is a quite abandoded and rather dead project, no real developer is maintaining it, please use more active flame fractal editors,
for example:

- chaotica - it can easily load and edit flame fractals made with apophyis, it is under active development, and has a very decent user interface
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/

- jwildfire - as well a very decent and advanced flame fractal editor, grab it here:;
http://www.andreas-maschke.com/?page_id=42

both programs are actively developed and far more capable than apophysis - believe me - and i think both programs can load apophysis files, so, give them both a try, they are both very good flame fractal editors, actually, apophysis is more like a proof of concept, rather than a worked out piece of software, and apophysis has not been updated by the original developer for - i think - more than ten years, so, either get it working or describe more detailed what kind of plugins your are talking about...

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:30:42 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thegoatboy
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »

Thanks for the info

I'll try the ones you have posted
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: