Logo by Khaotik - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Request for new M3D version  (Read 1340 times)
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »

Jesse, I'm having issues with the new navigator mode. I regularly inadvertently click with my left mouse button in the navigator, preferably when I've just found the "perfect" POV in the navigator, which makes me completely lose that POV. Would it be possible to activate the second navigation mode by double clicking in the navigator window? It sure would save me a lot of frustration  grin

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »

Well, if this is going to be a thread about tweaks, rather than start a new thread and have ideas all over the place....

Jesse, I know I shouldn't be ungrateful, but I've got a bit of a thing going on with M3d 1.7.2

It's not actually doing anything wrong at all, but I am convinced that it is not running quite the same as 1.6.9.

When you set the default INI DIRS to save to, it now defaults to whatever directory you assign to it - as it should.

Whilst this is ok (I need to point it towards the correct drive), I'm convinced my last version allowed each file type to go
straight to 'last folder opened' (even if it was not supposed to).

Also, if you saved the M3i and then the M3p and, say, a BMP, the new M3p was ready-named the same as the previous M3i file and
was 'automatically' saved into the same (last) folder. With the new version, I have to drill through various folders to get to the same place each time -
as it always seems to open in the 'default' folder - and I also have to name each file separately. Is there a way of getting the 'last folder' feature back? Thanks

Regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »

Thanks Jesse! I only recently found out that you can now switch between double clicking and single clicking by right clicking in  the 3D navi window... Must have stopped reading after "minor changes" in your M3D 1.7.3. release post  undecided

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:35 PM »

Thanks Jesse! I only recently found out that you can now switch between double clicking and single clicking by right clicking in  the 3D navi window... Must have stopped reading after "minor changes" in your M3D 1.7.3. release post  undecided

I will never write "minor changes" again  champagne toast
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: