Logo by simon.snake - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:52:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: technical request  (Read 1526 times)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« on: July 27, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »

Jesse, when I open a function I see something like that
.Double paramname1=0
.Integer pn2=3

those are stored in edi+something in read only mode cheesy

I am sayin, what if we make a new field type, read write, not displayed in screen that stores additional data? example

!Double dimension1=0

allocates in edi+something read write space for an additional variable double, initially zero.

this would make possible more formulas cheesy pleaseeee

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »

Another solution, a [VARIABLES] section, similar to [CONSTANTS], data stored in ESI and so on (read write access wink )

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:10:55 AM »

Already thought of this, but many changes have to be made because by now each calculation thread is sharing the formulas, so no writing is allowed - else you get artifacts of course.
I would have to program that each thread gets it own formula with variables.

A more general use of formulas is also on the todo list, but i guess this needs really some time until i get there...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »

Okay understood thanks smiley

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »

Another idea is a 'pre-calculation' code called just to calculate some constants that depend on the user data, but this is not so urgent cheesy
Another idea is a support for 2d angle matrix (plane rotation) - barely compute sine and cosine of the chosen angle. Not urgent but handy for sure A Beer Cup

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

Another solution, a [VARIABLES] section, similar to [CONSTANTS], data stored in ESI and so on (read write access wink )

be sure n
Already thought of this, but many changes have to be made because by now each calculation thread is sharing the formulas, so no writing is allowed - else you get artifacts of course.
I would have to program that each thread gets it own formula with variables.

A more general use of formulas is also on the todo list, but i guess this needs really some time until i get there...

be sure not to trade speed against flexibility.... such modifications could radically slow down the program for a *rarely*(?) used feature!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »

No, absolutely... Load a pack of bytes takes no time smiley and it will be done only if necessary (example, phoenix fmla)

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »

be sure not to trade speed against flexibility.... such modifications could radically slow down the program for a *rarely*(?) used feature!

Of course i am always trying to not decrease speed or to have good reasons to loose some precents.

For the variables i have in mind to make an optional initialization code for formulas that will be performed before the iterations, so max 6 tests for zero pointer would be added on usual formulas, should not decrease speed that much.
For the more general formula combination with interpolation, alternation and DEcombination i had to test it before and would be only satisfied if speed decrease is under 10 percent.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: