Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Creating object colours  (Read 1998 times)
Description: I'm having issues with this function of M3d
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« on: June 26, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »

Hello,

This is my first post here but I am a well-travelled fractalhead.  Hello to anyone who might have remembered me in previous fractal haunts.  My main focus has been on Ultra Fractal, although I had experimented with others (Xenodream, Fractint & Chaos Pro).

How the hell do I go about using the object colouring function of m3d?  I think I understand it but then I try and do something I would consider useful (deleting a colour node/pointer) and it won't let me do it.

I want 2 or 3 nodes/pointers only and auto-blending between them, is this possible?
Is there a specific way to remove the unwanted nodes/pointers (as they are really annoying me!)?
Are there any good tutorials about colouring images?

Thanks for any assistance

JodyVL
Safarist

Everybody's a fool but whose fool are you?

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

Hello morbidorbits!

I am, on the other hand, very new to fractals  (check out my blog! grin : http://mandelubber.blogspot.com/ ) and have been wondering about this very thing as well. I downloaded Ultra Fractal so I know what you mean with regards to being able to add and delete a colour nodes. So far, the best I've been able to come up with is moving the nodes that you don't want all the way to the side... But this doesn't always give the desired affect.

My plan was to ask Mandelwerk about this, since he does amazing colouring in his 3D work (checkout mandelwerk.deviantart.com) and I will still do that, if your very conveniently posted thread here doesn't resolve the issue first cheesy

My plan is to create a Beginner's Tutorial for M3D on my blog smiley

My Fractals and Fractal Art for Beginners blog! : http://mandelubber.blogspot.com/
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »

Hello,

This is my first post here but I am a well-travelled fractalhead.  Hello to anyone who might have remembered me in previous fractal haunts.  My main focus has been on Ultra Fractal, although I had experimented with others (Xenodream, Fractint & Chaos Pro).

How the hell do I go about using the object colouring function of m3d?  I think I understand it but then I try and do something I would consider useful (deleting a colour node/pointer) and it won't let me do it.

I want 2 or 3 nodes/pointers only and auto-blending between them, is this possible?
Is there a specific way to remove the unwanted nodes/pointers (as they are really annoying me!)?
Are there any good tutorials about colouring images?

Thanks for any assistance

UnGlue the sliders and move all but 3 to the far Right or or grab the 3rd slider from the left and move them all at the same time.
cytotox
Alien

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »

UnGlue the sliders and move all but 3 to the far Right or or grab the 3rd slider from the left and move them all at the same time.

Don't know if this actually is an issue, but just in case:
In order to avoid possible residual artefacts from the color nodes slided to the right, an easy way is to transfer the color of the nearest node(s) to those unwanted nodes by copy & paste, using C & V on your keyboard.

And, of course, if you use the 'cutting' option, or parts of your fractal get sliced by stepping too close (easily happens when using parameters that generate the tuber-like images), don't forget to adjust the colors of the four sliders/nodes of the 'inside' color bar (to see if your image is sliced by the camera settings, you can check this by setting those four nodes to a color that contrasts well with the colors used on the 'outside').
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: