Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 03:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: light, image size and lenord  (Read 2614 times)
tomot
Iterator

« on: March 06, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »

There is not always time to thank everyone for their posts and formulas, so I would like to thank lenord for his contributions. I also chose one of the images he posted today, to illustrate a curious observation. It seems the amount of light in an image is somehow proportional to the size of the image. I have not changed the settings of his formula, only the size.

* Incubator.Light.jpg (133.31 KB, 1400x749 - viewed 351 times.)
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »

Were the Render settings the same for both images? Render quality settings will change lighting(ie: difference between Preview/Mid/High) when an image is set up at say modified Mid settings and size then rendered Large there will be lighting changes you will need to adjust after render, it's that way with all Render apps I've ever used.

Also don't go by what you see on my finals compared to the Param file I post with it, I often adjust color and light even further in Postwork.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:01:35 AM by lenord » Logged
tomot
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »

Were the Render settings the same for both images?
Also don't go by what you see on my finals compared to the Param file I post with it, I often adjust color and light even further in Postwork.

I saw that your image had slightly altered parms. I simply took the formula you posted and re-rendered it.
Its quite interesting, because a normal rendered scene using Vray, or Maxwell, regardless of size would not show more intensity in lighting levels
unless they were altered prior to rendering.
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »

I saw that your image had slightly altered parms. I simply took the formula you posted and re-rendered it.
Its quite interesting, because a normal rendered scene using Vray, or Maxwell, regardless of size would not show more intensity in lighting levels
unless they were altered prior to rendering.

Most of the time the params I post with an image are not the params of the final but of what I started with, I don't usually save params of the final. I might save Light settings in a lighting file but I don't very often revisit a final just the base params looking for something new. Maybe Jesse or someone else will see this and have an answer, I never really noticed before as I just tweak, render, tweak some more and save the image embarrass
Persistent_Aura
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

I've noticed this as well. I usually do most of my colours before the full render because I like to be able to see the full image when doing this (when rendering large images they don't fit on my screen). If I then render at full res I allmost allways notice the lighting and fog is different as it was in the small render and I have to adjust it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: