Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 07:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Commercial version of FractalWorks released  (Read 3673 times)
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: January 14, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »

WareTo, LLC is proud to announce the commercial release of FractalWorks, a high performance fractal renderer for Macintosh computers.

FractalWorks is available from the Mac App Store for $9.99 US.

You can purchase FractalWorks in the Mac App Store

Regards,

Duncan Champney
WareTo

Regards,

Duncan C
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »

Congratulations!

I can't seem to figure out how to buy it though...

I just wanted to see what my payment options are, but nothing happens  sad

It says the app store is only available to people using "snow leopard" on the page I got to after allowing 3 different sites which my no script was blocking  (why so many sites are needed to get info on the software is beyond me).   What is Snow Leopard?

I've been running the program on OSX 10.5.2 - but there is no Animal Name anywhere to be found on my mac!!  The "about this mac" just says "OSX 10.5.2"

I know I've been told before, but since I saw no use for the animal names, and since they are not listed on the computer anywhere, I chose to ignore it as frivolous and nothing I would ever need to know.  

Can I run it on my computer?

And can it be gotten from a windows computer?  My mac has a really hard time getting online.  It wont read my modem at home, and the hotspots for wireless I used to use have terrible signals now.  

What are the payment options?  Is paypal possible, or is it credit card only  (that would leave me out!)  (might could do an online check though).

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 12:54:42 AM »

Congratulations!

I can't seem to figure out how to buy it though...

I just wanted to see what my payment options are, but nothing happens  sad

It says the app store is only available to people using "snow leopard" on the page I got to after allowing 3 different sites which my no script was blocking  (why so many sites are needed to get info on the software is beyond me).   What is Snow Leopard?

I've been running the program on OSX 10.5.2 - but there is no Animal Name anywhere to be found on my mac!!  The "about this mac" just says "OSX 10.5.2"

I know I've been told before, but since I saw no use for the animal names, and since they are not listed on the computer anywhere, I chose to ignore it as frivolous and nothing I would ever need to know.  

Can I run it on my computer?

And can it be gotten from a windows computer?  My mac has a really hard time getting online.  It wont read my modem at home, and the hotspots for wireless I used to use have terrible signals now.  

What are the payment options?  Is paypal possible, or is it credit card only  (that would leave me out!)  (might could do an online check though).

The Mac App Store (MAS) requires the latest version of Mac OS, 10.6.6. It's a shame, because up until now I have been able to support OS 10.4, which includes PowerPC Macs.

You need an iTunes account in order to buy apps from the Mac App store. I believe yo can pay for purchases using prepaid iTunes cards. Not sure about PayPal.

Regards,

Duncan C
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:51:30 PM »

The Mac App Store (MAS) requires the latest version of Mac OS, 10.6.6. It's a shame, because up until now I have been able to support OS 10.4, which includes PowerPC Macs.

You need an iTunes account in order to buy apps from the Mac App store. I believe yo can pay for purchases using prepaid iTunes cards. Not sure about PayPal.

What a shame  sad

I can't get my mac online reliably, and had intended to avoid all itunes, and pretty much all i-anything accounts! i-don't trust them.  They're like google with your personal information, taking too many liberties and sharing it with anyone they please.

Is your contract with them exclusive, or can you sell a copy on the side?

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »

What a shame  sad

I can't get my mac online reliably, and had intended to avoid all itunes, and pretty much all i-anything accounts! i-don't trust them.  They're like google with your personal information, taking too many liberties and sharing it with anyone they please.

Is your contract with them exclusive, or can you sell a copy on the side?

Unlike the iPhone app store, the Mac App Store is not exclusive. We could sell copies on the side as well, but we are not currently set up to do so. We'd need to set up a method for collecting payments, and decide what to do about registration.

Regards,

Duncan C
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »

We'd need to set up a method for collecting payments, and decide what to do about registration.

That sounds like the easy part to me!  Either paypal, a greendot moneypack or a check in the mail would be zero work to set up.

As for registration - just make it optional  (even adobe makes registration optional!).  I never register any software I buy as most of it is used on computers that never go online   Elvis Presley

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: