Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Background Pics in Animations  (Read 4163 times)
The Rev
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:09:49 PM »

I stopped an animation I was rendering which had a background picture.  It was running fine at the time.  The image was visible in every frame and interpolating nicely.  However, when I resumed the render, the background image was gone.  Any idea what happened?

I tried to reload it when I opened the m3i file, but got the following error message:
"sig10-009a.jpg could not be loaded. Put it in the Picture directory specified with the "INI DIRS" button."
I'm not sure what this means, as the image is in the same directory that it was when I started the render the first time.

The Rev
The Rev
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »

Well, I figured this one out on my own.  I had to change the INI DIRS path for background images to match the directory I was using for the image, then reload the background image into all the affected keyframes.  It worked, and the background from the new renderings lines up with the old ones, so no worries there.

I'm guessing that the m3a file doesn't save the location of the background image, but instead relies on the directory assigned in INI DIRS.  I have noticed, tho, that M3D has a tendency to forget the settings I put in there, and goes back to defaults.  This may be due to the fact that I usually have more than one iteration of the program open, though, so I figured I'd mention that detail.

Anyway, I hope this information proves useful to Jesse in future versions of M3D.  I love what his program has given me the power to do, creatively.  cheesy

The Rev
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Yes, there seems to be a bug, even if the picture is in the specific directory it will not be loaded, so was it in my test.

You could try to load the picture before opening the m3a file.  Then you should render normally with the picture, even the error message appears in the message box.

The INI items are saved directly, but loaded only on startup.  So with multiple instances you can get some troubles... i see that this has
to be modified somewhat.
The Rev
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »

Well, at least it isn't just me.  LOL

Thanks, Jesse cheesy

The Rev
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »

The bug is, that i used a wrong directory for the background images  head banging wall

So put the image also in the "BMP+JPEG file saving:" directory or change this dir to the one your image is in.  ugly
Tex Arcana
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:10 AM »

I've just been playing around with background images and have spotted a minor bug.

I've been using the trial version of a program called Texture Maker to generate large background images (6000 and 8000 pixels sqaure) in BMP and PNG.

When I load an 8K BMP (size 244 Megabytes), it displays OK, but when I try to load the same image as a PNG (size 3.79 Megabytes), I get an error message which says...

Access violation at address 004A5A3D in module "Mandelbulb3D.exe".
Read of address 1FAEB000

The 6K PNG, at 2.54 Megabytes, loads without issue.

Tex Arcana
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »

In a further twist...

I load the mahoosive 8000x8000 pixel BMP as a background and then set up an animation with...

1920x1080 output
Antialias: 3
Keyframes: 5
Subframes: 270
Loop animation: On
Quadratic Bezier: Selected
Output: JPG
Calc: 3D
Goto next keyframe: Checked
Start: 1
Increment: 1
Start with index: 1

I've already done a partial test render without a background image and confidence is high.

But with the 8K background loaded, the completed frame counter at the bottom of the animation maker says, Done: x of 200.

200? It should be 1080.  The presence / absence of the large background image is the only changing factor; removing it cures the problem.

I haven't tried a smaller image so far.

This is not a moan - just an FYI
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 11:59:30 PM »

Tex, it seems that i can fix the big png issue.

The other thing i still have to proof, weird.  Is this a real world example?
Tex Arcana
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »

Yes - I was trying to do this today.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »

i see, just guess one day will not be enough for it...
(still not found the bug, at least two strange behaviours i couldnt fix)
Tex Arcana
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »

Thanks Jesse smiley

It's not a huge issue for me, I just thought you'd like to know.  Hope it doesn't cause too many sleepless hours.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »

no prob, else the issues could not be fixed at all, so thank you!

One issue i found recently, only the 200 out of 1080 frames are still strange, so if the rendering stops at 200 it will be an issue of course!

If so, you might send me the animation parameter file for further investigation.  greets
Tex Arcana
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:55 PM »

Oops - almost forgot to post it.

I've attached the animation file here - hope it helps.

* HD_h-rot.m3a (95.57 KB - downloaded 157 times.)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »

On my computers it worked ok with different big background images, with a bit luck the issue is gone in the new version because of the change in the background image load to support big images better...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: