Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 07:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 10th Competition - Everyone is a winner  (Read 12927 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: July 02, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »

so, just reviewed entries, checked my numbers, and since it is the last official compo run by me i want to give every entrant a prize, we have 37 competitors, everyone is eligible to choose one image of their submissions and i am going to send each of you a cup honoring your joining of the forums competition - the forums has always been a very personal thing for me, and i want to reflect that by honoring everyone who helped throughout the years making it what it actually had become .... i am preparing an email address where you have to send your prepared and sized image along with your address, it will be processed by me throughout the end of the year ... thank you people!

there wont be any further voting this year - being part is everything!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »

here is a list of the contributors and their entry counts

index   memberName   entries
1   KRAFTWERK   6
2   Sockratease   6
3   Asdam   6
4   Caleidoscope   5
5   Bfractalien   4
6   sergioct   4
7   CFJH   4
8   hgjf2   4
9   Diddum   3
10   cubikman   3
11   Aqualoop   3
12   schizo   3
13   Chillheimer   3
14   adelmo   3
15   Efoia   3
16   claude   3
17   phtolo   2
18   0xbeefc0ffee   2
19   arias   2
20   rivrain   2
21   AGUS   2
22   David Makin   2
23   Madman   2
24   asdklfjdf   2
25   kaludix   1
26   PDN777   1
27   mclarekin   1
28   Imagyx   1
29   JoeFRAQ   1
30   PieMan597   1
31   Fitz   1
32   Lux   1
33   Chordus   1
34   Toofgib   1
35   Vega   1
36   Gregoryno6   1
37   thargor6   1

---

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

I think this is a lovely gesture from you Christian.

I sadly didn't get the chance to enter.  Real life keeps getting in the way of my fractal hobby.

I haven't really been able to play about trying to generate new fractals for a while.

Got my fingers in too many pies as it is.

Very happy to have taken part in this forum over the years I've been a member.  Looking forward to the future with a new forum.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »

Interesting decision, Christian!

I'm sure it's one that all involved will remember.

What sorts of preparations and sizes will you need for images?

It's not posted.  I think it has to be at least 300 dpi for a quality reproduction, but what about pixel dimensions?

And large images may be too big for email.  Should people use an external host?  And which ones can be counted on to not resample things and lower the quality?

Maybe I can set up a way to host them on my site  (Good Old Sockratease.com - still in the "coming soon" phase publicly, but a lot of private use for my clients online).

Thanks for a Decade of promoting All Things Fractal, and we look forward to seeing that Museum you dream of becoming a reality   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
0xbeefc0ffee
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »

Awesome, now I'll be part of the esteemed society of people who have one of these coffee cups.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »

i am going to prepare an pm with all the required informations and send it out to all you participants, you will send the images to a dedicated email address

---

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »

cool  A Beer Cup
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »

i am going to prepare an pm with all the required informations and send it out to all you participants, you will send the images to a dedicated email address

Then we Thank You for a decade of Fun and Cool Stuff!!

I am taking that as the official passing of the torch.

We can handle the locking down of this site and the transition to the new one.

We welcome your input along the way and will take this slowly to be sure it is done Properly!

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »

right, we will discuss it and i make an announcement for it

---

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »

Wow, cool. So I no matter what I can be winer.
Then realy I would prefare the most top image of mine exept joke about 3D mandelbrot.

Notice. Voting in still frame postcard section is locked. I had been able to vote just in wildstyle section and "Film - Fractalforums Postcard" section I didn't voted becouse I would not been able to watch it all.

fractal catalisator
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »

I didn't participate because the times that I did, it felt like I was just entering the images that I happened to make when the competiton was going. I would have made them regardless of the competition. Reading this I do kinda regret I didn't participate.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »

I didn't participate because the times that I did, it felt like I was just entering the images that I happened to make when the competiton was going. I would have made them regardless of the competition. Reading this I do kinda regret I didn't participate.

Then it's perfect timing to start fresh in The Next Iteration of Fractal Forums!

We are making lots of progress on the Mark II site and will be having a "Public Beta Test" in the coming weeks.

Expect an Inaugural Competition at the new site if we can swing it - it may not have great prizes if we can't find sponsors, but it will be fun and different!

The Annual Tradition is nice and will probably carry over as well, but that is getting ahead of things...

Diddum
Forums Newbie

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 10:44:46 AM »

It feels a bit like cheating, since unfortunately I discovered and joined this forum only so recently...

Anyway, thanks!.

Giovanni
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 08:56:57 PM »

Yeah. Thanx for everybody who was and is part of the fun. It was a decade full of interesting fractal life and I am sure another one will follow. So much possibilities and things to explore and develop.
Don't underestimate how important this forum is to keep the core people together and everything running. And getting this (quite nerd) stuff into big commercial films is a huge success. Beside that our fractal worlds have inspired so many people in various ways and made the world a bit more "WOW!" wink

Thank you Christian for making all this possible!  thank you post swing

See you in the next iteration ...

weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »

We second that man!

Thank you Christian, a thousand times,  for making all this possible! We, too, R grateful to thee, for it is U, born to B. The founder, the curator, innovator, trailblazer,  Fractal Instigator, originator of Fractal history, through your visions decisions,, through your insight, producer of a place where Masterminds of the Fractal Art, can call a home, and dwell!

Thank you! From Intermind Weavers!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: