Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:06:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: DEcombinate not working on mac  (Read 1887 times)
Description: DE comb is not working on my mac
Eldflaug
Forums Newbie

« on: March 09, 2017, 03:59:39 PM »

smiley Hello all  smiley
 Im new to the Fractalformus and I am new to Mandelbulb 3d. There is a problem - I have a new mac computer and Sierra 10.12.3. I have Mendelbulb 3d v190. All works except the de-combination of formulas... I can only choose Mix. no other options come up. When I use older versions of Mandelbulb 3d it all works and I can switch between combination methods.
Can anyone think of why this is not working on the newer Mandelbulb?
I can see the box where I used to mix formulas on the older mandelbulb 3d, but now there is nothing there (see the image)....
thank you and sorry if this is something that I should not be asking here.
Good luck with your fractals cheesy

* Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 14.57.46.png (43.56 KB, 654x294 - viewed 269 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:27 PM »

It may be a mac issue, and it may just be the settings.

I know DE Combinate has a place to set how many formulas are "part 1" and that tells it where to start the second part.

I'd try importing an m3i or m3p file from an older version that works and test it in the newer one.

If that fails, you may be stuck since all development on MB3D has stopped and it may or may not ever get worked on again   cry

Hope you get it working, and welcome to the forums   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Eldflaug
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »

Hi Sockratease! cheesy
thank you and thank you for the quick response Azn
I will try this and let you know how it goes.
I am glad that this forum is active and people helping! smiley

Eldflaug
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »

Hello again.
I loaded work from older mandelbulb 3d that had other setting; Invert Max, and that worked in the new Mandelbulb 3d. But then I can not choose other setting - I only have Inv Max, no option of Min or Max only for example. So the options are all there in the program, I just can not choose them.
 I will continue trying to find out how this work and I will write here if I find a solution smiley
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »

I'm glad you're making progress.

I no longer have a mac, and the last one I had was OSX 10.4 - I heard horror stories of 10.5 breaking a ton of software and never upgraded.  The thing died and I never got another mac   sad  Apple likes to blame developers when that stuff happens, but backward compatibility is something no operating system should ignore  (translation - it's their fault!).

Since no further work on MB3D is on the horizon I would suggest either running an older version alongside the new one, or giving something like Mandelbulber, Sythhclipse, Fragmentarium, or any of the other fine programs still being maintained.  I'm not sure about mac compatibility on any of them, but it's worth looking into.

I ran MB3D older versions on my old mac using WINE.  I'd also suggest trying that with the newer version to see if anything changes.

Good luck and have fun exploring!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Eldflaug
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »

Thank you for your help! smiley I now have this one and older version running with vine  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: