Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Random generator  (Read 1889 times)
Description: Create random fractal figures and or landscapes
Alexcs
Forums Newbie

« on: November 09, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »

Dear forum members, although i'm newly registered member, I have been following and interested on it for some 2 years ago. Is fascinating.

I would like to propose an option to generate a random fractal figure or a landscape.

The program should know which formulas are more compatible with others, which ones produces more draw errors, and even save in a log which formula configurations have created succesful figures or shapes.

It could be optional that mandelbulber could read from an online database like firebase or whichever, where new formulas could be uploaded and approved by admins or users and also formula combinations that can be modified by the random generator and add or substract formulas and or levels in a fractal.

Other fractal software has random generators, but or they repeat some patterns very often or they do not have error algorithm checking in combining formulas.
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »

Ehm I am not a mbulber developer but this suggestion implies a kind of artificial intelligence combined with some kind of internet cloud service plus a "random generator". All this in a software offered for free and developed by normal people!
Seriously complicated don't you think cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Alexcs
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

Yes I guess is difficult and I'm not really good at programming.

So we could leave the cloud option but the generator is possible. If unfortunately i cannot state how it works, but the parameters you can randomize are not made by artificial intelligence, like adding substracting formulas, randomizing weight of a formula, randomizing parameters value. Those values could be saved in a table for example.

Let's supose the program has not been programmed to know if a combination didnt or did work (AI), by selecting next mutation we are agreeing that the last mutation done did work to make some other new.

So this way we dont need AI to generate one randomized shape nor cloud. 

The people working on mandelbulber is great by the way, didnt see any software as complex as and with features like this

mancoast
Alien

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »

Greetings!

I need to spend more time reading how y'all use the software.
In my opinion, This is high value feature.

We have really hammered out majority of the details for the animation to audio for both windows and linux.
A 'random fractal design' button complements use of the xbox controller, so we can focus on animation.

If you want to get directly involved with the software development, all you have to to is make a post on github.
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues

Thanks,
coast

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 10:26:48 PM »

Agreed. This would be a very useful feature! And I wasn't aware that it is that complicated.
A little hint: I use a spread sheet with two 3d vectors and one free parameter, to generate random fields.
I use them to search variations within an interpolated animation.
input is the value itself and the amount of variation. the rest is simple office work with a little formula, you can copy/paste to the cells, you want.
Still some copy paste work afterwards, but possible.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »

we are having a developers discussion about this topic and how to implement here:
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues/278

There is room for a lot of discussion  grin
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: