Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Random  (Read 6408 times)
paolo
Explorer

« on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:05 AM »

grin Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a 'randomize'  function in Mandelbulb 3d which gives random parameters. Great program Jesse and I especially love the 3d feature.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »

Thanks paolo,

random parameters would be leading 99% into some sort of crap, from no object at all towards all filled up and with nothing really useful inbetween.  sad
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:52 PM »

Uhm, 3D FBM can be a good idea instead of pure noise wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »

ehrm, a genetic formula evaluator which changes parameters slightly from an existing set of formula set would be do able,
and i also believe that a total randomized "creator" function can be a good starting point, like it is done in apophysis!!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »

ehrm, a genetic formula evaluator which changes parameters slightly from an existing set of formula set would be do able,
yes, on the 24th topic of the todo-list  wink

and i also believe that a total randomized "creator" function can be a good starting point, like it is done in apophysis!!

i guess that DE based escape time fractal renderer behaves more sensitive to the inputs then other methods...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »

I deeply hate Apo's randomizer. Please don't copy it smiley

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:57 AM »

I deeply hate Apo's randomizer. Please don't copy it smiley

+1 on that, please put it further down your 2do list Jesse!  afro

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »

While we are talking about parameters, I wonder if any enhancement could be done to more easily modify parameters. For example there could be small arrows on the side of each box to slightly increase or decrease the value of the parameters without anyhting to type in. I saw this in Chaoscope. Of course the problem would be the step size and/or the limits, but I thought it would make it a easier to test parameters variations.

Another problem I'm facing a lot at the moment is about keyframes, but I should do another post...In short, I wish the animation mode would be as flexible as the one in Ultrafractal (where each parameter can be adjusted for each frame without having to add additional keyframes...)

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

Another problem I'm facing a lot at the moment is about keyframes, but I should do another post...In short, I wish the animation mode would be as flexible as the one in Ultrafractal (where each parameter can be adjusted for each frame without having to add additional keyframes...)

Maybe i did not understood, but you can adjust the params for each keyframe by sending it to main, changing paras, and inserting back from main.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »

Maybe i did not understood, but you can adjust the params for each keyframe by sending it to main, changing paras, and inserting back from main.

I know. But what I like in UF that is not possible in M3D is that you can modify each parameter position on the timeline by moving sliders, and it automatically creates new intermediate keyframes, without having to worry about the number of subframes.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »

... more easily modify parameters. For example there could be small arrows on the side of each box to slightly increase or decrease the value of the parameters without anyhting to type in. I saw this in Chaoscope. Of course the problem would be the step size and/or the limits, ...

Scrollbars wink very good idea cheesy

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 09:58:07 PM »

I know. But what I like in UF that is not possible in M3D is that you can modify each parameter position on the timeline by moving sliders, and it automatically creates new intermediate keyframes, without having to worry about the number of subframes.

I see, never worked with an animation version of UF.  But there are so many parameters, i surrender just from thinking about it  undecided
zongo
Navigator

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »

Indeed a true keyframer (like After Effect's one) would be an incredibly powerful tool ! Cut/copy/paste keyframes is so cool and practical. Let's say for example you want to zoom in the fractal from frame 1 to frame 100 but at the same time slightly change the scale back and forth every ten frames, matching the beat of the soundtrack... This would be fantastic !!!

However I am not able to imagine the amount of work it would require... smiley

Oh and the random idea is great too, I really like cKleinhuis' suggestion about genetically modified shapes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:01:01 PM by zongo » Logged
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »

Hi, if there is a way to edit the save files / the clipboard to convert to and from a text readeable version of with editable variable numbers, i can easily make a program that makes masses of random changes to the parameters by 1-3 percent, and also that joins two parameters together/ that takes the same family of formula from one preset and changes it around to another.

Is there a way to read and write the parameters to a text readable format that i can parse???

In another program i wrote some code that divides space into 2 zones, and island that can be striped/square/lines, and i joined formula files so that they were on the same screen at the same time. it was very interesting and very easy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:50:49 PM by Mrz00m » Logged
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 04:29:54 AM »

Hi, if there is a way to edit the save files / the clipboard to convert to and from a text readeable version of with editable variable numbers, i can easily make a program that makes masses of random changes to the parameters by 1-3 percent, and also that joins two parameters together/ that takes the same family of formula from one preset and changes it around to another.

Is there a way to read and write the parameters to a text readable format that i can parse???

In another program i wrote some code that divides space into 2 zones, and island that can be striped/square/lines, and i joined formula files so that they were on the same screen at the same time. it was very interesting and very easy.

Soon there will be ... if you wait a while.

I have almost completed my testing of the M3D automation classes I am writing (http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/mandelbulb3d-automation-robot/msg98517/#msg98517).

The BaseFormulas class has a few features that you have mentioned - it contains (reads a file of) all M3D formulas and you can request a random formula from the formula categories (list of 3D, 4D, Abs, dIFS, all of them) as well as the ability to filter these by formulas by formula options containing at least one of a list of values.

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: