Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 01:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Random fractal generator button  (Read 9219 times)
Description: I would want a fractal generator that generated fractals
sikerow
Forums Freshman

« on: May 12, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »

My idea is a button that says random and if you click it that will generate a procedely/rando ly generated fractal how cool wouldent that be and the Explorers and animators and the artist would love it i would want that
sikerow
Forums Freshman

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »

Srry for my bad english im swedish
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »

Already kinda planned

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
sikerow
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »

Yey
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:29 PM »

Nevertheless I hope it won't be done - random iznogood for fractals except perlin noise and such cheesy

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »

The fun thing: it is already included (in a rather simple, i.e. pure random way), but the button is hidden by default. It may crash the program, as it may  create evil combinations of formulas cheesy
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:26:41 AM »

The fun thing: it is already included (in a rather simple, i.e. pure random way), but the button is hidden by default. It may crash the program, as it may  create evil combinations of formulas cheesy

It may be fun to consider limiting the randomization to transforms (pre- and post- transforms perhaps set by user choice?) applied to formula combinations chosen by hand.

That should avoid Evil combinations of formulas crashing the software and could still be fun!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 03:08:59 AM »

Agree, and I think it would make a nice tool. Will definitively experiment a lot with it in order to try to create a solution which will satisfy the users. The current approach is just not very satisfying. It crashes a lot and creates not interestring shapes most of the time :-)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »

The fun thing: it is already included (in a rather simple, i.e. pure random way), but the button is hidden by default. It may crash the program, as it may  create evil combinations of formulas cheesy

Lool... the secrets of Jesse wink

Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »

is there a way we can unhide it???
Jakeukalane
Forums Newbie

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »

BUMP. Someone knows about this?
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »

Work in progress... but in a different way

It is not planned to unhide the raw random generator, even if it not crashes the program, it produces mostly crap cheesy
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »

I imagine what you're working on will constrain parameters to a few formulas, within certain ranges. 

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 11:07:49 PM »

I imagine what you're working on will constrain parameters to a few formulas, within certain ranges.  
I'm working on a MutaGen-module which applies certain mutations to fractals in a classic tree-like manner. But, it is a little bit more sophisticated than most of similar solutions.

You can adjust which mutations are possible (e.g. mutations to change whole formulas or mutations to change formula-params) by a weighting factor, and adjust the strength (i. e. how strong parameters are changed).
Because this process is still purely random, a filtering-algorithm is added. Only Mutations are accepted which lead to a certain "visual" result.
Additionally, it tries to avoid certain situations which would lead to invalid formulas (but can not detect all).

The goal is to discover new combinations of formulas/parameters, therefore I did not want to restrict it to certain combinations which are already known to work.

Here is a screenshow from the current state (BETA2, so release comes very soon:)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 03:05:41 AM »

That is a really cool direction to take. 

Couple questions, if you don't mind.. 

What compiler are you using?  Is it a freeware compiler by any chance?   I recall a thread about it only compiling under Delphi 6?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: