Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 02:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal kaleidoscope shader (and metal)  (Read 6821 times)
TruthSerum
« on: May 30, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »

While reviewing a silent version of this, the poor performance of my video capture software and general jerkyness of the video reminded me of this song by burzum. It is more of a fractal fly-past than a fractal zoom, I hope it still appropriate for this video category.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QPiwYoezUMk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/QPiwYoezUMk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

I should also ask if anyone has any real software for capturing video on Ubuntu. I am currently using recordmydesktop, which was designed for presentation capture and narration, and not copying video (or recording from shadertoy, which is how this was captured).
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

You could use fragmentarium to render your animations.
Here you can find some examples, 15 Fragmentarium scripts from glsl.heroku.com and one from shadertoy.com;
to try them remember to set render mode to Continuous.  > URL
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:37:08 PM by visual.bermarte » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

please, when talking about a render ide environment, the synthclipse project features an out of the box timeline animation, and all render features (huge output files) that fragmentarium features as well, since fragmentarium broke down into several unofficial versions i suggest at least giving it a try with synthclipse, and one of the coolest thing that synthclipse can do is to directly import a shader script from an online ressource like shadertoy, and convert fragmentarium scripts as well:
http://synthclipse.sourceforge.net/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »

How many versions are there of Fragmentarium? I know of only 2, official (stable?) and unofficial (unstable!)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »

How many versions are there of Fragmentarium? I know of only 2, official (stable?) and unofficial (unstable!)

it might sound nasty to tease fragmentarium, i would not call your version unstable, but there are at least 2 main branches, yours and the official one, they do not seem to converge to an official fragmentarium version, this is why i call it unofficial versions similar to what happened with apophysis, both versions might be compatible right now, but surely the diverge more and more, and i want to promote that fantastic synthclipse that seems to be so neglected but strongly capable

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
TruthSerum
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »

I have also written a tool to render fractals. A very small tool that just generates video from the GLSL you supply.

I created a thread for it here to see if anyone is interested.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 03:20:36 AM »

@cK my version I suppose is a branch but I view it as more a test bed for some really cool stuff that can be done with Qt and GLSL. I would like to see some of these ideas make it into the official version, but I'm leaving it to Syntopia to adopt/refine them at his discretion without mucking up his code base with my coding style.
The good ideas, like cream, always rise to the top wink

@TruthSerum a handy little tool.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: