Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Another fractal Kaleidoscope  (Read 1209 times)
Description: A Mandelbrot Kaleidoscope based on an image from "The beauty of Fractals."
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: November 23, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

This is a kaleidoscope based on a fractal image from the seminal book "The Beauty of Fractals." The image is "Map 49" from that book. I rendered the image in 3D, then turned it into a kaleidoscope in Photoshop.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:28:50 PM by Duncan C » Logged

Regards,

Duncan C
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

excellent smiley, the grey could be a little lighter/bumpier/glossier to make it look  like silver, and gold cheesy
i like the minibrots, and the bigger minibrots outside, could you zoom just a little more out to see the bigger mandelbrots ? afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 02:42:21 AM »

excellent smiley, the grey could be a little lighter/bumpier/glossier to make it look  like silver, and gold cheesy
i like the minibrots, and the bigger minibrots outside, could you zoom just a little more out to see the bigger mandelbrots ? afro

Trifox,

Getting a good image for a kaleidoscope is tricky. I played with that image for quite a while before I got one I really liked. I really need to add a kaleidoscope module to my program. That would make things much easier.

Unfortunately the kaleidoscope suffers some at a small size for uploading to the internet. You can't see all the detail in the shapes. Sadly, this image doesn't print very well either, at least not to my photo inkjet printer. Too may of the colors in it are out of gamut. The colors come out all muddy.

I played with lightening the color in the grays, and it does look pretty good.

Duncan

Regards,

Duncan C
fractalwizz
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »

Nice detals

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: