Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Photoshop Fractalius plugin  (Read 25263 times)
Description: Postproces
quaternion
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

I found excelent plugin Fractalius. Look, this image before:

end this is after Fractalius:

I made other images in Fractal Explorer with Fractalius:

P.S. Sorry, how i can made normal image's size?

quaternion
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »

One image made with help of Lacquer plugin.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:44:24 AM »

ahh, it's all becoming clear now... it's due to the misnaming of this plugin that (other) people think the images it produces are fractal! there are quite a few mis-categorised images like this on deviantart and elsewhere (a friend happened to show me one just seconds before i saw this thread, weird synchronicity); and one can understand the confusion - the naming for one thing, and aren't all shiny glowy swirly images fractals? </sarcasm>

the technique employed is called line integral convolution, and it sure does look good when applied to fractals (however it will tend to mask the details of self-similarity).

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »

I don't see the point of blurring an image hiding the details, even if it's sophisticated blurring smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:52:01 PM »

so, THAT's how they are created.... Always wondered about those glowing animals on dA lol...
quaternion
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »

thank you.
quaternion
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:01:20 AM »

the technique employed is called line integral convolution, and it sure does look good when applied to fractals (however it will tend to mask the details of self-similarity).

I don't see how lic can be employed here.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:12:07 AM »

I don't see how lic can be employed here.

But you are employing it! That's exactly what the "Fractalius" plugin does smiley

quaternion
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 02:43:37 AM »

I see "radial flares" in fft from fractalius. Wat it mean?

quaternion
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 02:57:49 AM »

lycium, I have seen sin, cos, sqrt and exp functions in disassemble. These functions is not needed for lic.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:26 AM »

can you give example?
Your own images above should serve as examples, no?

lycium, I have seen sin, cos, sqrt and exp functions in disassemble. These functions is not needed for lic.
Sure they are: you get the angle along which to perform LIC from the gradient of the luminance, using this you can construct normalised sampling vectors (using sin/cos/sqrt) and do the weighting along those "rays" using a Gaussian falloff function exp(-(k * dist)^2).

It's not absolutely essential to use sin/cos/sqrt/exp, but their use for LIC can easily be explained as above.

Have you implemented LIC before? I can give simple pseudocode, maybe 10-20 lines, that would produce near identical images to what's produced by Fractalius.

quaternion
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »

Have you implemented LIC before? I can give simple pseudocode, maybe 10-20 lines, that would produce near identical images to what's produced by Fractalius.

yes please.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:26:05 AM »

I'm at work right now, will post it tonight smiley

quaternion
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 03:31:21 AM »

please.
quaternion
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:59:10 PM »

sampled met exp, layered.

do sobel in sobel;
from sincos(sobel; +random(angel)) do line.blur.length.fn(hermite from intensity) in double accumulator; //re gauss rotate and ...
perform expmap in layers:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: