Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 04:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Another formula I would like made into a plugin  (Read 2854 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »

Hi guys

Here's another one of my FractInt formulae, which I would like to have converted into a Fractal eXtreme plugin.

Code:
simon0030-A {
  z = c = 0 - pixel:
  z = abs(z * z + c) + c
  |z| < 4
}

Here is the initial image that is created:

and the same image centred on the screen:

Simon

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »

Sorry I overlooked this request, here is sourceforge URL for a plugin.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/simon30afxplgn/files/?

I've called your version a Buffalo type because it absolutes both real and imaginary sides of the equations.
So I've also implemented Mandelbrot, Burning Ship and Celtic versions where there are no absoluting,
Imaginary absoluted and Real absolutely respectively.
All versions benefit from setting the bailout to 4.

Attached pictures are of the buffalo, Celtic, Burning Ship and Mandelbrot variants in that order.

* s30bffl.jpg (15.06 KB, 504x315 - viewed 353 times.)

* s30cltc.jpg (15.05 KB, 504x315 - viewed 328 times.)

* s30bship.png (132.13 KB, 504x315 - viewed 341 times.)

* s30mand.jpg (13.38 KB, 504x315 - viewed 346 times.)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

These look interesting (I haven't installed the plugins yet).  I'd forgotten about the request too.

I really wish I knew how to code these plugins.  Whenever I look at the source code of the plugins it goes in one ear and out the other without pausing to sink in.

I haven't really taught myself the c language (and its derivatives) so that's probably got something to do with it.

Many thanks.

Can I ask other forum members if they've used fractal extreme and if they've taken a look at the plugins that have been created by members of the site?

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: