Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 09:59:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Bug? Scrolling out the first time seems to always scroll in once first.  (Read 1735 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »

Hi Botond

I'm blown away by your stunning software.  It allows us mere mortals to go places nobody has ever been before, in much shorter time than before.

In some ways, it's like Perturbation has given space travel Warp Drive.

I've only got a minor issue.  On my mouse, zooming in is fine, but the first time I try to zoom out the software continues to zoom in.  The next time I scroll wheel to the next 'click' it then zooms out as expected, and from that point on it will zoom out.  If I then leave it for a bit, zooming out the first time performs a zoom in.  It's only ever the first time and always then behaves as it should from that point on.

Firstly, I guess, it would be helpful to find out if it happens to other people, or other mice.  Mine is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000.

Can others report if they notice similar behaviour.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:23:35 PM by simon.snake » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 02:35:14 AM »

I've only got a minor issue.  On my mouse, zooming in is fine, but the first time I try to zoom out the software continues to zoom in.  The next time I scroll wheel to the next 'click' it then zooms out as expected, and from that point on it will zoom out.  If I then leave it for a bit, zooming out the first time performs a zoom in.  It's only ever the first time and always then behaves as it should from that point on.
Thanks for pointing this out. Your mouse is OK, it was a bug in the software wink
I uploaded a new version fixing this bug and a few others. Click here for details and download link.

Check out my Mandelbrot set explorer:
http://web.t-online.hu/kbotond/mandelmachine/
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »

I noticed that mandel machine is guaranteed to crash under the following circumstance: doing anything while it is busy with the first reference point or series approximation causes a crash. For example. zooming or aborting the render.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: