Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbrot Maps - A cross platform fractal explorer  (Read 7169 times)
Description: Posting a link to a Mandelbrot Set and Julia Sets explorer
mandelbrotmaps
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

For my MSc project I developed a fractal explorer for the Mandelbrot Set and the associated Julia Sets. I would highly appreciate it if you could spend a couple of minutes using the tool and then filling out a survey.

Mandelbrot Maps can be found at http://inganoust.inf.ed.ac.uk/mmaps/ where you can also find an introduction video and the survey.

Please fill in the SURVEY as I would really like to get your feedback on this!

Thanks
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »

hi there, welcome to the forum

nice and fast julia exploring tool ( quad core 2,3 mhz ) interesting rendering method ....

cheers

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
mandelbrotmaps
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »

thanks

quad core ... that's great ... the image should be rendered in four quarters then.  i've set the tool to detect how many cores are available and do as many concurrent processing as possible.

i'd really appreciate it if you could fill in the survey related to the tool!

Thanks again

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 02:28:57 AM »

Mandelbrot Maps can be found at:
   http://inganoust.inf.ed.ac.uk/mmaps/
where you can also find an introduction video and the survey.

Apparently the above link is no longer valid.

withad
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »

That version of Mandelbrot Maps can now be found here (the original, done by a different student, is here). I don't control either of those sites, so they might vanish at some point as well. I think the supervisor for the project, Phil Wadler, is planning on making a new site to host them at some point, as well as to advertise my new Android version.

Speaking of which...

I've just created a new version of Mandelbrot Maps, porting it from a web applet to Android phones and tablets as my undergrad dissertation project. I posted about it here - any feedback you can give me would be extremely useful, especially if you fill in the survey.

Sorry if bumping a topic like this is frowned upon, but I figured it made sense to update the existing thread as well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:28:02 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: