Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 05:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Introducing JWildfire as multi-platform fractal flame editor  (Read 8620 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: January 29, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »

Greetings to all!

I wanted to introduce T.I.N.A./JWildfire as multi-platform fractal flame editor here. It is a young project but has still lot's of features and being a Java program it is used sucessfully on Windows, Mac and Linux. There is also a special build for Java 5 for older Macs which runs not very fast but works :-)

Here are some recent renders:

Key features:
  • simple and realtime-updated user interface. All “triangle editing”, gradient tweaking, camera adjustment, … takes place in the same window. Changes to any property are displayed immediately in the center preview area. The “triangle editing” takes place directly “on top” of the final fractal
  • about 160 built-in plugins (variations) – and it’s very easy to create your own
  • optional HDR rendering (for later external tonemapping)
  • sub flames (nested flames as variations)
  • fast switching between variations to easy try out things
  • triangles may be edited by just dragging them with the mouse or using precise controls
  • different sophisticated random fractal generators which really make fun to play with
  • thumbnail “ribbon” which allows it to switch between various fractals (or versions of them) via mouse-click
  • high quality rendering (spatial and color oversampling, noise filter)
  • flame preview in file dialogs
  • compatible with Apophysis as much a possible (can directly read and write *.flame files, uses the same terms)
  • copy/paste flames directly from/to clipboard (makes it even easier to import oder export flames from/to Apo)
  • integrated compiler for scripting and creatinng custom variations on the fly
  • contains an integrated simple animation and morphing system
  • is integrated into an image processing package which makes postprocessing a natural process and allows more complex animations using parameter envelopes
  • batch renderer for always keeping your system busy
  • running on all systems with installed Java 6 oder higher
  • fresh code base released unter the LPGL
  • comfortable and decent UI using the new Nimbus theme of Java
  • fast program launch, no ads, no forced registering, no payment for rendering high res images, no bullshit at all, it’s fun and free

And here is the link to the  Project's official site

Hope you enjoy and always feel free to contact me if you have any questions,
Best regards
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

Pics look nice. But it's flames.

fractal catalisator
yv3
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:40:47 PM »

I prefer classic 2d fractals but your images showed me that flames can also be beatiful and rich in detail. I studied your website and your artworkm, you seem to have much experience and creativity with stuff like this. Your Software seem to be a powerful tool but its very very slow on my computer either its a bug, not well written or just the result of a modern object oriented programming language that lags in perfomance because of the user friendly memory managment system angry. Looking for more of your work. Greetings from north Germany, Dawid.

Creator of yFract
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »

Hello Dawid,
thanks for your feedback smiley
Well, you are right, compared to many other fractal programs my software is rather slow. But this is more intentionally, I have placed the focus more on features (e.g. advanced variations like procedural textures) and a clear software design than speed. I. E. it's not a bug it's a featue wink
But of course a more faster program is always better smiley Therefore I plan to create a renderer written in C. Just stay tuned smiley

Best regards
Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »

Nice program. I like the interoperability with Apophysis. I design the flame here and render it in Apophysis. smiley
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:53:48 PM »

smiley This is also a good idea if the software is too slow. But for the final render I would always suggest to use the JWildfire renderer because it produces very high quality and an additional HDR image with 32 bits per color channel. And compared to Apo it should be only slower by a factor of 2-3 (if it is even slower you may (regarding to your hardware)  increase the number of render threads which default to 4)

Have fun smiley
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »

Looks interesting, I'll try it.

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:27:43 PM »

There is currently a known bug which may be annoying if you are new to the software and try to follow tutorials: if you change a parameter by entering a numeric value you must hit the <Return>-key after that, otherwise the change will not be "seen". (Normally you would use sliders or buttons to change parameters, but in case of a tutorial there are often given values to enter)

Have fun :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: