Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 05:50:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hallo from The Netherlands  (Read 434 times)
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »

Was lurking on this forum for some time, been writing some post last weeks ... so it's about time to say hello!

Things in my youth were the Commodore 64 with tape deck, sailing and having fun with the Sea Scouts, music with a beat (Trance, Hardcore, some Tekno, etc), the piano, later a guitar (followed by an interest in rock and metal music and an (cheap) electric guitar), lots of 3D (shooters) on the PC (Doom!, Quake, Unreal, Heretic), Linux and the spirit of Free Software (both as in free beer and free speech).

Long time ago I started to study engineering at the TU/e ... but university did not work out for me. Now I'm working as an application engineer at a company that produces and sells all kinds of sealing solutions (mechanical seals, cupseals, lipseal, O-rings, gaskets, etc), while still studying engineering. Things I would like to do more often in the field of working are finite element analysis, product design, implementing design rules in software, be the bridge between engineering and IT/computer science. Sometimes I think I should work at a less commercial and more research-based company ...

Fractal-wise I have spend time with Xaos and then Gnofract4D. Currently broadening the horizon on fractal software. Also I wish I could focus myself to understand all the math behind it a little better.

Groeten,
Jeroen
eiffie
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »

Welcome. I also used to shuffle between engineering and IT. It is nice when you see your code helping build something real rather than existing in just bits. A lot more unexpected challenges in engineering though.
tatasz
Alien

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:16:09 AM »

Welcome :hug:
Ohhh... http://piethein21.deviantart.com/ is from Netherlands and studies math, you should poke him to have some beers =D

Please check my gallery: http://tatasz.deviantart.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: