Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: too many philosophy  (Read 12221 times)
Description: isn't in domain
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« on: November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »

I'm glad, that FRACTALFORUMS is mathematical domain, and the philosophy is umanist domain, and I don't know how appear new and large topics here easy.
 Wow whistling and rolling eyes
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »

smiley its the humans, things that are of interest attract large discussions, until now we did not have any "large" philosophical discussion yet ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »

... I don't know how appear new and large topics here easy.

They appear the same way everything else here appears - people want to discuss them!

The Philosophy Of Math is equally important as the technical details or images produced.  We are dedicated to All aspects of the field, so expect to see even more of everything as we continue to grow.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:03:56 PM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »

By the way, before there was science as a recognized concept, there were "natural philosophers". They were proto-scientists, so to speak. And before them, there were just philosophers; literally just people who love to think.

One never knows what philosophy can turn into. It can turn into a scam, it can turn into science, or it can keep turning in circles for centuries before deciding for one side or the other.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:48:45 PM »

One never knows what philosophy can turn into. It can turn into a scam, it can turn into science, or it can keep turning in circles for centuries before deciding for one side or the other.

Further more some scientific disciplines need to return to philosophic discussions, as their results do not allow to draw a clear conclusion in one direction or the other. In quantum physics for example, there are still several competing interpretations about the origin of measured effects. Most of them have similar meaning as religious beliefs - no solution in sight. Many of those elementary sciences - with math as their structural language - are condemned to describe, HOW things work. They are unable to produce useful explanations about, WHY things work, as they do.
At this point philosophic considerations are indispensable - and might allways be.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:05 AM »

From little acorns mighty oak trees grow!

The fractal illustrates this incessant iterative growth and decay.

Philosophy  and Sophia are related. Interacting with space generates Sophia iteratively and fractally. Some of us love this Sophia so we try to curate it.. That is when it spreads like wildfire, or petrifies like a crystal of rock.

One of those petrified crystals is mathematics so called. If you want it to grow increases its Sophia. Love it's Sophia at each iteration!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »

Philosophy  and Sophia are related.

I'd like to know, where this relation should be - besides the phonetic similarity. Sorry, but for me as not natively speaking english, this sounds like nonsense.

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »

Search:     
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
philosophy (n.)
c.1300, "knowledge, body of knowledge," from Old French filosofie "philosophy, knowledge" (12c., Modern French philosophie) and directly from Latin philosophia and from Greek philosophia "love of knowledge, pursuit of wisdom; systematic investigation," from philo- "loving" (see philo-) + sophia "knowledge, wisdom," from sophis "wise, learned;" of unknown origin.
Nec quicquam aliud est philosophia, si interpretari velis, praeter studium sapientiae; sapientia autem est rerum divinarum et humanarum causarumque quibus eae res continentur scientia. [Cicero, "De Officiis"]

[Philosophical problems] are, of course, not empirical problems; but they are solved through an insight into the workings of our language, and that in such a way that these workings are recognized -- despite an urge to misunderstand them. The problems are solved, not through the contribution of new knowledge, rather through the arrangement of things long familiar. Philosophy is a struggle against the bewitchment (Verhexung) of our understanding by the resources of our language. [Ludwig Wittgenstein, "Philosophical Investigations," 1953]
Meaning "system a person forms for conduct of life" is attested from 1771.

Sorry Taurus.
The etymology of philosophy explains the relation.

I forget that English contains many languages as loan words!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:13:22 AM by jehovajah » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »

So in what language do you speak? Sophia is still a Greek word and besides herb sophia I can't find any relation to english, not even as loan word.
But to be honest, even assuming the the greek meaning, does not make much more sense to me...

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »

One person described my English as Dickensisn! However I am a bit of a polyglot. The Greek word Sophia is as explained. The mythological character Sophia is found in Greek versions of the book of Proverbs. The herb Sophia is taken for the belief that clarity of thought is arrived at thought its agency.

The production of Wisfom has always been considered a gift of the Gods, but I am saying it is through jumn interaction with a generalised meaning of space or Raume. In this space an object does not sit, it inhabits. Or if you like space for e is not a container.

What space is is a philosophical and metaphysical opinion that I hold, but my analogy is that of a block of something like a quaternion block. Objects are carved out of this block by variation in a density function. Their boundaries are Wada boundaries.

A dense object moving in a less dense region not only pushes the less dense medium around it but it also absorbs part of it into its region. Thus the less dense medium percolates or diffuses through the dense region.

These are my views of how space moves through space. I do not require an aether therefore, but I sometimes use the word to communicate with others who hold different opinions or metaphysics.

So, the fom of address or style I used was classical plain prose, or poesy. This is particularly English , but I have detected similar idiosyncratic forms in Getman particularly. French and the romance languages not so much.mthe speed and inflection with which some speak these languages does not lend itself to this style.

Suppose I said: we must continue to analyse and explore physical, chemical, and biological behaviours and relations in our environment, induce and deduce invarint relationships as expressed in formulary and develop environmentally sensitive technologies based on those invarint relations. In so doing we must not neglect to examine analyse and revise our opinions to keep them fit for purpose.

Would thst make any sense to you?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: