Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 05:43:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: (1) Hello, (2) Sad interface (3) my book and web site  (Read 3049 times)
Ventrella
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

Hi! I just joined Fractal Forums! I have three things to mention:

(1) Hi!

(2) I hate to start off on a negative note but wtf - this is a pretty horribly-designed interface. I suggest looking for another product to host Fractal Forums. Looks like you're using "Simple Machines Forum". It took be 5 minutes just to find a way to post a message. Sorry - I'm a rabid UI critic. Our world is complicated enough - we shouldn't have to use crappily-designed user interfaces to make our lives any more complicated than they already are. And we should exercise more choice and discretion when choosing among products to host our content and social activities. This is not just a flame from a design snob. This is a social/political/philosophical position.

(3) Now that I've probably pissed most of you off, I wanted to mention that I have created a book with several space-filling curves that I discovered using a genetic algorithm. It's at fractalcurves.com. Check it out - and let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions - it's brand new, and I'm still working out the wrinkles.

Thanks! Happy to be connecting up with all you awesome Fractalizers!
-Jeffrey 
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »

1 hello and welcome to the forums
2 do a new design, create a template, and migrate the forum to the forum of your choice, keeping ALL existing links alive ... would love you to do that
3 nice book

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Erisian
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »

(1) Hi!

(2) You'll get used to it.

(3) A well designed and interesting book.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »

1) Moo!

2) But...  It's FREE!   Elvis Presley  You get what you pay for.  VBulletin is far superior (possibly the best forum software out there), but very expensive  (Infinitely more expensive than free!).

3) I'll have a look at the site when  get away from my employment...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »

Move this forum to another interface? Haha, good joke

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
othereyes111
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »

I totally agree.
this forum is a very hard one to navigate.
I have been looking for some old posts I made to see if I got any answers, but I have no idea where to begin looking.
Maybe if enough users agree we could all get together and do a "group buy" to get us a new interface.
this is supposed to be a community, lets act together to get what we want.
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »

Here are your old posts:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5853;sa=showPosts

And if you REAAALLLY want to find new replies to your posts... click "show new replies to your posts" underneath your name near the top of the web page.  

OR click this:   http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: