Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 12:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Trouble With The I Ching  (Read 1140 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: March 14, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »

Trouble With The I Ching

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=10672

I wasted a lot of time because I was determined to do something Interesting with that Yin Yang IFS thingy!  I have a better one I'm still working on, but this is presentable   afro

It seems there are some discontinuities at the basic-most level of The I Ching...

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
X.....s/...c3...w....2....ENtI1RV68zz4uRasTydg1ETocycvrvov1Yz1P6HtTgzwJyrbaKCawD
.................................7tViW44..2........Y./..................y.2.....
................/M.0/.....k0/...F.....E2.....I0dAwsEP6oD/..........m0dkpXm1....U
./....kD12../..........wz..................................u1....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDPuwVBCo4Wx1..........4keBPdOeqcjmmjaII551uHNyNdcx7vKzItANdCDIRpDBPAYjS6g
4uXOks2vwEpJzGog1/OTmipD......2zb.............kD.2....sD..kz....................
.............oAnAr1...sD....../SS7.gstZ.EZbL0.TSS7.YutZ.kgbL0.xSS7......E....k1.
.....Uf5Zz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB.........k1....F....8/...I1.....SN52
...ZzoFG9yzb2zzz....z1....6.mc..zXCc..k18XGQeGyD/sIRhrVAkz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.ee0U....yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.H3IHTB1AqQXNstWOkR4.............
E6../6....E.....4....A....UFjl4NdtqNUYYPo/0IjR5.h/...................c..6.......
...................6./........zj........e.2.....................................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....9....YJOiZJMiRKG4B3.............................
.sU1....0.U/4M................yDlluWPX4.kz1...............................UaNaNa
NaNiz.........zDOaNaNaNa7z1.....................................................
................................}

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »

Nice one, the discontinuities (some lines in the inside of the circles boundary?) are more due to the fact that this shape is calculated 60 times with little decreasing size (apply add+scale), setting max. Iterations to 1 would give the basic shape.
cheers
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »

Nice one, the discontinuities (some lines in the inside of the circles boundary?) are more due to the fact that this shape is calculated 60 times with little decreasing size (apply add+scale), setting max. Iterations to 1 would give the basic shape.
cheers

Language Barrier Strikes Again!

I was making a joke about the Philosophy of The I Ching - I actually tried to make them discontinuous to fit the joke   bubble gum

I had a version where 1 iteration only showed the barest minimum of the dIFS Object.  I'll see if I can find that one and post the parameters if you're interested.  In this version a single iteration of the Yin Yang symbol makes little difference  (except in calculation time!)  (but I was expanding on the one I mentioned where it needed more iterations, so I just didn't notice it wasn't needed here).

I'm actually quite a big fan of Taoism, which makes extensive use of the principles behind Yin and Yang.

So my use of the words "Trouble" and "discontinuities" were not meant as anything other than sarcastic jokes about the Mystical Nature of Taoism   clown

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »

Language Barrier Strikes Again!

Yeah, Socky, i fear in my case it is always more than just a language barrier  rolling on floor laughing

I was making a joke about the Philosophy of The I Ching - I actually tried to make them discontinuous to fit the joke   bubble gum
I'm actually quite a big fan of Taoism, which makes extensive use of the principles behind Yin and Yang.

I only read some lines about zen and buddhism, as i needed it.
But i would also like to learn more about principles of Taoism, can you favour a book on this topic?

Cheers, and thanks for all that fish  A Beer Cup
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

Yeah, Socky, i fear in my case it is always more than just a language barrier  rolling on floor laughing

I only read some lines about zen and buddhism, as i needed it.
But i would also like to learn more about principles of Taoism, can you favour a book on this topic?

Cheers, and thanks for all that fish  A Beer Cup

How about the actual "Book of Tao" by Lao Tszu?

It's a very short work, and if you see a huge volume claiming to be it - run away screaming!  I suggest finding the smallest edition you can.  My favorite English translation is from the Peter Pauper Press, but I have no idea what to suggest for any other languages   angry

Here are two very nice quotes from it which help explain what Tao is not  (trying to explain what it really *is* can be what makes those overly long volumes of the book so tedious and boring) :

"The Tao that can be expressed in words is not the real Tao."

"There is something, something that has existed since long before The Universe began and will continue to exist long after it is gone.  I do not know it's name.  But if I must name it, I shall call it Tao and hail it as Supreme."

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

How about the actual "Book of Tao" by Lao Tszu?

It's a very short work, and if you see a huge volume claiming to be it - run away screaming!  I suggest finding the smallest edition you can.  My favorite English translation is from the Peter Pauper Press, but I have no idea what to suggest for any other languages   angry

Have to look further to it, i found some translation examples (http://home.pages.at/onkellotus/TTK/_Einzelne.html#Kap02) that are leading to the conclusion that it is more important to get the right author than the right book.  Azn
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: