Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal Forums mobile app - beta  (Read 2791 times)
Description: an app to read the feeds of the Factalforums boards and to browse the gallery
mauxuam
Alien

salamaundra
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »

ciao

maybe someone will enjoy it  smiley

I built a very simple mobile app (using Conduit) for Fractal Forums
You can use it to read the feeds and to browse the latest additions to the gallery
I included only the main feeds of the different sections and the Facebook page.
There is also a YouTube page with a search string for fractal animations and interviews with Mandelbrot.
I used Neural Net II by Ross Hilbert for the icon and the background : http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=9332

It works as a Web App on the mobile browsers
It can be installed as a browser app on computers too (I reckon it works better on Chrome)
I am not a registered developer for Android, iOs or Nokia so I cannot upload it to their stores..(yet?)...so it's not a native app.

It is a (very) beta version, off course any feedback is very welcome.

You can get it here : http://fractalforums.mobapp.at/

I cannot test it on any device, OS and browser in the hyperspace

so far I can say :
mac OS 10.6.8 : tested ok with Chrome
iPad2 iOS 5.01 : it's ok with Terra, iLunascape, Apollo and Atomic browsers. it doesn't work on Safari
iPhone 3G iOS 3.1.3 : ok on Safari

ps. it would be very cool if I could include also a feed for the most viewed, most rated picts of the last 30 days (and total) and the recently commented and added....but I don't know how to do it...there is a feed for those Gallery dynamic sections ?
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »

hi there,

do you know the android fractalforums.com gallery app ?

i am unsure what i should think about yours app .... wink

on the one hand it is a honor that someone takes such an effort, on the other hand i would love to place fractalforums.com admob ads ... easily removable by the
user wink ....

i have written myself an SOAP api for accessing the gallery, i could extend it for special queries you want to do, right now it can show either all or restricted to a rubric of the gallery, so theoretically with this soap api you have full acess to the gallery ( rubrics+contents )

the only problem i have is that my soap api does not yet correctly translates BBCODEs especially i would love to output real smileys, latex would be bonus wink

will check it out on my samsung galaxy....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
mauxuam
Alien

salamaundra
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

I thought that might have been useless infact

I didn't know about the one on Android since I haven't got an Android tablet.

no worries anyway...it wasn't such a big effort...I didn't write a line of code...only copy paste of few feed addresses.

It's handy for me to browse FF on my non Android tablet without getting lost in too many childboards.

smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: