Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mobile Fractal App for Android  (Read 3278 times)
dbyrne
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:21:11 AM »

Hi, I am new to this forum.  I've written a little fractal app for Android called Fractoid.  If you have a mobile device running Android, you can download it for free so check it out and let me know what you think!

I have been toying with the idea of making an open source project out of it and posting it on GitHub.com, but I wasn't sure if any programmers out there would be interested in taking a look at it or working on it with me.  Would this interest anyone?  I realize its not the ideal platform to be generating fractals, but I still think its a fun little app.

Also, I am sure the people on this forum will have a great number of valuable suggestions, so even if you aren't interested in coding anything, let me know what features you would like to see added.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:43:42 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum.  I've written a little fractal app for Android called Fractoid.  
    If you have a mobile device running Android, you can download it for free so check it
    out and let me know what you think!

Greetings, and Welcome to this particular Forum !!!    smiley

You may wish to also make a posting to the following area about your Android app:
    http://www.fractalforums.com/smartphones-mobile-devices/
Just so that those looking for such will not miss it.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:57:21 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

oftakofta
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »

Pinch-zooming the mandelbrot can never be wrong!
dbyrne
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

Thanks for the info, I will post this in the smart phones forum.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »

Thanks for the info, I will post this in the smart phones forum.

You are more than welcome.  Actually, you kind of had two topics together:

One advertising your new application.  I just wanted to make sure others would be able to find out about your app when looking.

The other requesting a collaboration.  And this board is the place for soliciting assistance for a project.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:58:30 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: