Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 12:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: This lecture needs to be watched by every member of this forum  (Read 5015 times)
Description: If you are looking to have your mind blown, this is for you
o0megaZer0o
Alien

« on: December 02, 2011, 06:41:48 AM »

Nassim Haramein, a theoretical physicist gives a 6 hour lecture of the underlying fractal nature of the universe. During the video the theoretical physicist explains EVERYTHING and uses sacred geometry, fractal mathematics, and also the theory of relativity to support his claims of an infinite and fractal universe.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uN3mnZK-l_4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/uN3mnZK-l_4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
miner49er
Safarist

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »

Hmmm, will watch but the term 'sacred geometry' sounds a tad fishy to say the least!
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »

I'm also a physicist, and I think it worth mentioning that Nassim Haramein is somewhat controversiel (see e.g. http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/02/nassim-haramein-fraud-or-sage-part-2.html).

Let me instead suggest one of Roger Penrose's great, but demanding, books about the universe, math, physics, fractals, and AI - for instance 'Emperors New Mind' or 'The Road to Reality'.

huminado
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »

"The mass inside the Universe exceeds the escape velocity of light. That means if you shine a light in one direction... it'll bend around one star, bend around another star, bend around another star... and come right back! That means we live inside a black hole. That's why when you look up in the sky at night, it's black."

This statement neglects that the density of the universe is low, while the density of a black hole is high.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:17:18 PM by huminado » Logged
fractower
Iterator

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 04:53:49 PM »

Unfortunately Penrose is not without controversy either. "The Emperors New Mind" is an excellent book when it is dealing with the theory of computation. Unfortunately Penrose goes off on some speculations about quantum mechanic underpinnings of the mind that are only believed by him and Deepac Chopra. To be fair he does warn the reader that he is going off the deep end.
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »

While we're talking about far out theories of thought and of the world, let me recommend again Neal Stephenson's "Anathem". For the most part, that's an adventure story founded on good ole' science fiction themes. Solid entertainment if you like that kind of stuff.

But the author also uses classical and modern philosophy a lot (and explains it nicely during the course of the story) to establish a very specific idea of what the world is. Then he follows these rules way way out there, always being logically consistent, and never lying to his readers. In this manner, he tells a unique story and gives an imaginary survival kit to everyone who wants to go exploring science and philosophy on their own.

BTW, I have been reading the original English edition. Translated versions might not always have the same clarity of speech (no spoilers as to what troubles translators would have smiley).
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »

Unfortunately Penrose is not without controversy either. "The Emperors New Mind" is an excellent book when it is dealing with the theory of computation. Unfortunately Penrose goes off on some speculations about quantum mechanic underpinnings of the mind that are only believed by him and Deepac Chopra. To be fair he does warn the reader that he is going off the deep end.

Agreed - The final arguments in ENM are speculative and likely wrong. But the first parts of ENM are still the best introduction to Math, Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, and Cosmology that I know of. The Road to Reality drops the quantum consciousness stuff and focus more on physics, but I think its massive size makes it less accessible than ENM.
o0megaZer0o
Alien

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »

after watching a few hours of the video and after researching more about factual information I've realized that the video is just fun theoretic.
Still a mind trip though!
I will check out Roger Penrose, thanks a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: