Logo by lycium - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 06:15:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: about posting in galleries!  (Read 1431 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: October 04, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »

ok, this is now my final statement about it, it is based on what is possible, and what is technically do-able

how it should be (until gallery software is updated to hard-limit uploads a day)

an additional user group, of whiches images arent underlying the limitation of approvement through admin staff ( wanted to do it more complicated but didnt work )

this user group is achieved through postings, at the beginning this user group will be reached after at least 20 normal postings in the forum so that the person is known
to the crowd and can be yelled at soon enough from the others...

this means additional burden for the admin staff, in fact we need to create ONE additional user group "gallery-image-approver", everyone that is well informed about
ff gallery usage is welcome to volunteer!

it will be accompanied with an update to the ff-faq that describes rules of engagement of the forums netiquette!

any day from now on this will take place! in the meantime irregularities may appear! BUT WE TRY TO APPROACH A STRANGE ATTRACTOR IN THAT!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 07:54:37 AM »

Although I differ from a lot of Tim's point as regard to the "is that art" question, I pretty much agree on his views about image spamming: http://orbittrap.ca/?p=3083

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:38:37 AM »

I would try writing a suggestion on the link 'additional options/Attach', something in bold..it could be enough maybe
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:21:38 AM by visual » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »

an additional user group, of which images aren't underlying the limitation of approvement through admin staff (wanted to do it more complicated but didn't work)

this user group is achieved through postings, at the beginning this user group will be reached after at least 20 normal postings in the forum so that the person is known
to the crowd and can be yelled at soon enough from the others...

this means additional burden for the admin staff, in fact we need to create ONE additional user group "gallery-image-approver", everyone that is well informed about
ff gallery usage is welcome to volunteer!

OK!

A Final decision helps.

I'll work on adding that new user group - I made good progress on it last weekend, but Real Life kept interfering  (Dang that Real Life!  Dang it to Heck!).

The manual way of just unapproving all images over 3 ran into a bit of resistance from 1 member, but all the others seemed to understand and comply.

Although I differ from a lot of Tim's point as regard to the "is that art" question, I pretty much agree on his views about image spamming: http://orbittrap.ca/?p=3083

I agree with whazzizname on many points, but I disagree that we should try to drive away the non-programmers.

I always liked the balance of Programmers, Artists, and Bystanders we have here and think it is part of what makes FarctalForums.com unique.

Programmers benefit from the feedback of ordinary users while ordinary users benefit from seeing many Great programs evolve and grow as they are using them - even getting to make suggestions directly to the programmers and sometimes seeing their ideas incorporated.

If a trusted user wants to post a series of images to make a point, and it requires much more than 3 images, it should be posted in a thread, not in the gallery, so the explanations can be placed together with the images he wants to use to explain what is going on...

Sorry to reply to an orbittrap post here, but ...  I did.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »

I always liked the balance of Programmers, Artists, and Bystanders

Glad to hear that Sock. After reading OT, I was already looking for another platform  wink

@Christian: If I can help out as a "gallery-image-approver", count me in!

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: