Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Posting in Galleries  (Read 3422 times)
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« on: September 16, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »

I think maybe there should be some kind of Limit on how many Images can be posted in a single day around here these days. Seems some people think it's Polite to Bury everyone elses posts by posting their entire Gallery here from elsewhere at one single setting. That's just freaking RUDE you ask me, that's usually not a problem here at the Forums but Damn man, have some consideration for others, it's freakin Rediculous.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »

Agreed. We are considering this option. I sent a message to the individual who flooded the gallery today.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

while i wouldn't phrase it that hard, i had similar thoughts this morning. posted an image and hey presto nobody else will see it.
but on the other hand it's a free forum...

it's a bit ambivalent

maybe removing the bulk upload option will help
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:10:51 PM by taurus66 » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »

my problem with that is, that this site is simply not made for managing large galleries, concerning image resolutions and web-space, so a limitation of 5 uploads to the gallery a day would make
that clear, i have to check for such an option in the gallery, but dont know if it is in there...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »

while i wouldn't phrase it that hard, i had similar thoughts this morning. posted an image and hey presto nobody else will see it.

it's a bit ambivalent

You should know me by now, I say what I think, I get to the point.

All sites are free, to an extent, Rendo= 1 a day without a paid subscription, DreamSlayer= Free 5 per day, DA= Free- paid subscription gets all kinds of bennies but I don't think there is a limit on size(dimensions or memory) or uploads. Free doesn't give any single member the Right to Bury everyone elses work with their own.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »

it's a bit ambivalent

All sites are free, to an extent, Rendo= 1 a day without a paid subscription, DreamSlayer= Free 5 per day, DA= Free- paid subscription gets all kinds of bennies but I don't think there is a limit on size(dimensions or memory) or uploads. Free doesn't give any single member the Right to Bury everyone elses work with their own.

Let's assume the intention was not to harm anyone. Politeness rules are sometimes more difficult to enforce in virtual worlds...

@Trawersant, your participation to the debate is more than welcome!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 04:05:06 PM »

it's a bit ambivalent

I agree with Lenord here.

I can be a bit of a tyrant about things like this.  It's a good thing I don't run the place!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »

I also agree with Lenord here...while a general rule might be hard to think of and enforce, posting several color variations of the same render is absurd. This forum is among the best if not the best for looking at the leading edge work, and discussions. In my opinion, nothing will change that faster than a whole lot of swirly colorful fractals or similar renders. Now I would not want to be the one to impose rules as art is in the eye of the beholder, but, it seems reasonable that something should be done. Actually I see no reason why a image or two a day should not work as a starter.
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »

Well that's me done for then.

I have not posted a still image for ages and was going to drop a batch of recent efforts all in one go. So, I guess I have not personally been impacted upon by the mass uploads, but
I note that some images can be difficult to get back to because of a mass of others in front of them.

I did try to upload a handful of stereo images in a single thread, but only managed to do 3 before the size limit was reached.
So, I seem to have the opposte problem.

oh well, just my thoughts.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »

Well that's me done for then.

I have not posted a still image for ages and was going to drop a batch of recent efforts all in one go. So, I guess I have not personally been impacted upon by the mass uploads, but
I note that some images can be difficult to get back to because of a mass of others in front of them.

I did try to upload a handful of stereo images in a single thread, but only managed to do 3 before the size limit was reached.
So, I seem to have the opposte problem.

oh well, just my thoughts.

regards
Kam

There's nothing wrong with small batches of around 5 per day.

This person posted 68 images in one day!

And worse, has not bothered to reply here...

I wonder if he replied to the PM bib sent?

If not, he obviously doesn't care and I suggest deleting about 2/3 of what was posted.

But again, I can be a tyrant!

That's up to Christian. 

So don't feel done for there, kameelian.  The Gallery will have guidelines posted soon, I imagine.  We don't want to discourage people from posting, but we can't have one person fill 5 pages with just their stuff either!

There has to be a balance...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

...we can't have one person fill 5 pages with just their stuff either!

There has to be a balance...

well, I'd agree with that.

Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »

OK, found this thread today, have been discussing this with Len before, and thank you Len for posting this.
I think 1 image / day will result in a gallery with much higher quality.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

the quality of the gallery is quite high smiley

and the main problem is, that it isnt a feature of the gallery, and again the registration has run out, and i have to rebuy a new version of the gallery...

so, i report the gallery coder that the mysql5 problem was one of my own, and i will ask him for a limitation of postings on a per/user base ...

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 11:28:25 AM »

i just saw on their webpage, their current version has an option for that, i dont know when i will take time and money to buy and install it, but it will come in the next few weeks  cry(monthes)!

---

Phitek
Global Moderator
Forums Freshman

phitek
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »

i just saw on their webpage, their current version has an option for that, i dont know when i will take time and money to buy and install it, but it will come in the next few weeks  cry(monthes)!

Can I humbly comment that if you could scale things up here, Size and Capacity of uploads, I would post far more than I do!!!
I want to show you what I'm up to but to scale my stuff down to get it on here destroys all my hard work!
please don't take any half measures , wait until you can really ramp up facilities , sever-wise,
good luck and thanks.   sad

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: