Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 09:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hey all, old school fractaleer here  (Read 1427 times)
richrockster
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

I'm one of those old school guys who started off with a Pentium 75mhz and a copy of fractint on a CDROM.  Many many hours were spent zooming, colouring and tweaking fractals.  Many years later, I return to fractals and find awesome apps like Ultra Fractal, Apophysis, Fractal Explorer and even 3d fractals - a bit too much for my PC to cope with for some reason.

I'm learning to use Ultra Fractal mostly at the moment, I guess I can see a lot of similarities to Fractint.  My art is available on deviantart - not sure if the rules allow self promotion here, so I'll leave it a while.

I'm also building a personal gallery site, so any advice on how to watermark my images would be great too.
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »

Hi and welcome! There aren't many rules on FF, but somehow that makes it one of the most easy-going and friendly forums on the net! Linking to DA pages is not unusual, just check the galleries grin

I watermark my fractals by adding a screen layer in photoshop and reduce opacity, so it doesn't become to prominent. I guess there are other ways though...

Hope to see some of your work soon. Dunno why the 3D stuff doesn't work for you, unless you're still on the P75 and Win 3.1  wink If UF works for you, you can try David Makin's WIP3D files. They are somewhere on this forum, so it's just a question of searching...

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

Lots of Image editors have a watermark option, PhotoShop has a water marking Action I picked up free somewhere, I never use it though, it also has a watermark remover. I think my Paint.net has one too but I just give my work away anyway so why use it.
**Peace**
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »

hello richrockster,
welcome from me too. i'm a simolar old school fractal maniac. i started with an atari mega st4 and fractals iv. i simply was interested in the philosophical implications of a math, that's strictly deterministic, but still systematically irregular. artistic ambitions were not important in the beginning. it changed by and by.

have fun!
taurus

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: