Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: "Fractal Shiva"  (Read 1370 times)
Description: Julia Set in Motion
brunod
Forums Newbie

« on: May 02, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

Hi
I'm new to this forum. I've been playing with fractals for a number of years and have recently been intrigued by the way that the Julia Set transforms as its co-ordinates change. I'm working on a piece called "Fractal Shiva" ( <a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=23057992&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=23057992&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a> ) which plays with these transformations. I've also used the image of the Hindu god Shiva as a simple framing device to give it a bit of a "story".

The music soundtrack is also algorithmically generated (though not using fractals) and employs techniques derived from North Indian classical music.

The Julia set is implemented as an OpenGL Shader. It runs in real time on a Radeon 5770 card. The other visual effects are from Apple Quartz Composer.

I hope you enjoy it it. I know the straight-forward Julia set implementation is commonplace, but I'm hoping that the fluid visual transformations tied to the music gives it some originality. Please let me know what you think.

thanks
Bruno Degazio
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:58 AM »

I did enjoy that.  Especially how it seemed to dance smiley

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
gussetCrimp
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »

Beautiful, and indeed original. Thanks for posting.
mandalatrance
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

Yes you have originality and humour in Fractal Shiva! I love the way it dances.

I am working along similar lines of creating original fractal animations and music together.

Which algorithmic music composer are you using?

Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: