Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Implicate Order  (Read 1976 times)
The Rev
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:16:01 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGFGKAsIMjQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/LGFGKAsIMjQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Physicist David Bohm formulated a theory which he describes in his book "Wholeness and the Implicate Order" which suggests that the universe is a whole, in constant motion which manifests as our daily experience.  One of the features of this whole is that in any of its parts, all of the information constituting the whole structure can be found.  It's like cutting a piece out of a photograph, and having the whole photograph still contained within.

I see this same idea in the mandelbrot set, wherein you can find recontructions of the whole set in the minibrots.

The video is a slow zoom, set to "Cloudscape" by Philip Glass.  It was done in Mandelbulb 3D, and the zoom in is at a 45 deg angle.  You see not only a zoom, but the undulations of the 3D portion of the cut bulb, as if you were looking into manifestations of Bohm's order, expanded into other dimensions.

This took like 5 months to render, so, if you don't like it, be kind.

Thanks,

The Rev
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »

Wow, great video. 5 months shocked !!!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
tomot
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »

5 months shocked !!!
that's not even a blink of an eye in space time!  grin

Way too cool video! Nice trip to infinity, and when you get there, there is nothing.....bummer!
I'm glad its only a movie  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

The Rev
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:01:03 AM »

Yeah, the whole thing was at 6000 max iterations, using an older version of M3D, so the frames averaged like 15min a piece (for 8300 frames).  They sometimes went faster, but occasionally slowed down to an hour or more per frame.  I was running a bunch of other stuff at the same time, tho, usually.  It was just sitting there for five months, simmering on the back burner.

The Rev
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »

you know you can insert it into the spring contest?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »

Very nice animation    A Beer Cup

I always loved that song too.  In fact - I even think of it as a Musical Pun!  It's from the movie Koyaanisqatsi, and in the sequence it plays, there is nothing but "Cloudscapes" showing on the screen  (thus the title of the song).  The pun comes in when you realize that it is composed entirely for Wind Instruments    head batting

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: