Logo by miles - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 03:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractalWorks creates plot URLs, supports boundary following algorithm  (Read 6323 times)
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: April 28, 2007, 05:38:46 AM »

The fractal generator I've been developing, FractalWorks, now has a "copy plot URL to clipboard" function. It creates a URL that, if clicked, invokes FractalWorks and passes it the settings to recreate the plot.

The latest version also supports a boundary following algorithm that makes plotting many times faster for typical plots. A plot of the whole Mandelbrot set at 750 x 750 pixels and 1000 iterations, for example, takes less than a second to render on a modest 1.25 ghz G5 mac.

For those with Macintoshes running OS 10.4, (or later) version 0.4.0 is available for download from my (trial) .mac site, at least for a few more days. After my .Mac free trial expires, I'll have to figure out another place to host it. My primary web host, PBase, doesn't support application downloads.

Here's a sample plot generated with FractalWorks:

http://www.pbase.com/duncanc/image/77684524/original
 (click to see the larger "original" version on pbase.)

Once you've downloaded and unzipped Fractalworks, click on the link below to render this plot on your machine:

Blue Julia

(The out-of-date version of IE for Mac doesn't know how to handle URLS with a custom scheme.  You'll need to use Safari, NetScape or FireFox for this link to work.)

Duncan C

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:48:40 PM by Duncan C » Logged

Regards,

Duncan C
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »

Duncan C. wrote:
>
>    ....version 0.4.0 is available for download from my (trial) .mac site,
>    at least for a few more days.  After my .Mac free trial expires, I'll have
>    to figure out another place to host it.  My primary web host, PBase,
>    doesn't support application downloads.

I will give you the same option I have given others...  Email me a single compressed file (ZIP, RAR, etc..) and I will make it available at this location:
              http://www.nahee.com/Software/

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: