Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:53:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Spirit World  (Read 1238 times)
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« on: January 28, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »

Fractal generated by homemade software. It was colored by selecting pixels from an input photo: Animal Farm by Yndra on Flickr. (I'm grateful to Yndra for licensing her work with Creative Commons.) I post-processed the nearly final image in GIMP.

Fortran will rise again
yv3
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »

Honestly i don't like this image much, kinda too abstract for me. But i would like to understand how you map a pixel of the fractal to the pixel of the "overlay image"? You mailed me once regarding this, but i don't understood (maybe i was too quick and deleted your mail too fast). Please explain again. I would like to integrate this useful function into my tool.
BTW, haven't done much regarding yFractalExplorer last time, was playing Minecraft with my son smiley

Creator of yFract
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »

But i would like to understand how you map a pixel of the fractal to the pixel of the "overlay image"?

Hi, yv3! The photo isn't actually an overlay, but rather an input to the program: almost like a user-defined coloring formula.

OLD WAY

You must already have a method of determining the amount the red, green, and blue for each pixel of your output image. After performing some fractal calculations, you compute

red = . . .        on a scale of 0 to 255
   green = . . .      on a scale of 0 to 255
   blue = . . .       on a scale of 0 to 255

NEW WAY

Let's say you have an input bitmap image with NROW rows and NCOL columns. You could write formulas

row_number = . . .     on a scale of 1 to NROW
   col_number = . . .     on a scale of 1 to NCOL

Perform the fractal calculations for a particular output pixel, and then evaluate these two formulas. To color the pixel of your output image, just grab the RGB values from the pixel of your input image located at the computed row_number and col_number.

Regards,
Ken

Fortran will rise again
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: