Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 08:13:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Unauthorized use of our videos?  (Read 4805 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »

Hello. It feels a bit strange that my first post in this forum would be in a discussion about copyright, but this specific 2 hour compilation video encouraged me to download Mandelbulber, Mandelbulb3d and some other modern fractal renderers myself, mostly because the rather mediocre overall video quality made the beautiful shapes a pain to watch and urge for better quality. For me, this compilation posed a nice "hub" to jump to the channels of quite a few artists without having to manually search youtube for random fractal videos first. But of course I understand the concerns about an unrelated 3rd party offering a download for content you guys created.

So I guess Truman Brown will be happy to see that the video was taken down by youtube just a few hours ago, and the page is now mentioning his copyright claim.

Hello and welcome!

Regarding your point, the person in question could just as easily have made a playlist rather than using people's stuff without asking.

In fact, he could have just asked!

I know that sounds crazy - asking for permission to use something that isn't yours - but it is usually all it takes.  Not doing so is rude and discourteous and invites whatever consequences follow.

But I'm glad it got you working with some of the new toys!!   afro

Nobody said it was *all* bad, but is still a naughty thing to do, using other people's work without permission.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
trumanbrown
Safarist

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

For what it's worth, I've been dabbling in computer graphics for over 20 years and have been approached many times with requests to use or incorporate my work in various collections and publications.  I have almost always said yes, because they asked first

This is just a hobby that I'm not terribly great at.  However, good, bad, or otherwise, what I create is mine.  I have yet to make any significant revenue from my work, so the greatest assets I have, personally, are ownership and control of what I create.  Take that away from me and you've taken everything.
rh73
Forums Freshman

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

Don't get me wrong, as I said I fully understand your point of view. I just thought that it's a strange coincidence that the video which brought me to this forum seems to have created some negative buzz here so I wanted to comment on that.
trumanbrown
Safarist

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »

Don't get me wrong, as I said I fully understand your point of view. I just thought that it's a strange coincidence that the video which brought me to this forum seems to have created some negative buzz here so I wanted to comment on that.

No worries my friend.  I get it  smiley.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »

I know this is off-topic, but I'm really excited of this music. Thanks for introducing Glasser to me  A Beer Cup :-)

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:05 AM »

Many of us here are hobbyists and enthusiasts and we do it for love not money. But it is always galling to find some of your work or enthusiasm lining somebody else's pocket!  It is also equally galling to see some other receiving plaudits for your work.

It is always a delicate balance between promoting and plagiarism. Today's electronic media makes it easier to site sources, and makes it plain what influences are contributing to your individual thought experience. For most of us a simple please and or thankyou is all we ask!  kiss

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
DaveH
Explorer

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

Is anybody mentioning the use of the commercial track, by Glasser? It's a product that's been completely ripped off, and the publisher should be told!!
 tease
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: