Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 08:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: Has Fractalforums.com changed your life?
YES
Maybe....
No

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Has Fractalforums.com changed your life?  (Read 4182 times)
Description: Share how it has impacted on you and your world
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« on: January 24, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

Fractalforums has had a marvelous impact on me and my life. It has helped me to rekindle my love of Mathematics, and to do something about rescuing it from cultural alienation.

I have had a hell of a ride! surfing And it ain't over yet!        

I have found the forum so inspiring because of the art, the friendliness and the cross section and flow of ideas.

What is your response?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:40:16 AM by jehovajah » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

it has changed my life because i am administering it cheesy

no, the best thing are the recent triplex fractals, whcih also blowed my mind, also because of its simplicity, i am just an observer right now, but i never expected it to flourish this way, and the people are still trying new things, and the art is really going into finer and finer directions !

regards

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »

From just 2 years ago when I stumbled upon this forum to ask if anybody had seen a fractal I had (re-)invented (http://www.fractalforums.com/meet-and-greet/have-you-seen-this-fractal/) to now where I am in the FF staff and doing my first fractal exhibition this week, I can definitely say FF has changed my life  cheesy

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 03:46:53 AM »

Yes cj and you do a great job of holding it all together!

I have found so many inspiring things in the Gallery it makes me say " Whoah! Don't mess with me, man! I 've seen stuff!.." nasty teeth

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »

Are you kidding?  afro

Life will never be the same...   afro afro afro afro
This forum has made it possible to explore new 3D worlds, an occupation that have been obsolete for a hundred years or so.
And until we get a chance to travel in space, this is as close as we get (space might be boring compared to the worlds we will find in fractal universe wink )

I have said it before but:
Cred to this forum and the friendly environment here, where artists are as welcome as mathematicians and programmers...
...that is fractalforums 4 me!

I also love to read the theoretic threads, most of the time I get half of it, but I learn all the time... That is just a bonus smiley

Johan
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:50:11 AM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »

I know what you mean, Kraftwerk. There is a fabulous scene in Ridley Scott's Blade Runner where the synthetic human programmed to a deterministic life span recounts all the wonders he ha seen in his tour of outer space, just to mark the futility of his life cut so cruelly short! I feel like  Rutger Hauer expresses some times. When i do i can find an inspiring fractal scape here on the Forum.

Gives life spice!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOphFl88U-g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/YOphFl88U-g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

The Rev
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

I said "maybe" because I'm not sure of the magnitude of "life changing experience" we're talking about.  I have certainly found an artistic medium in fractals that I feel is perfect for me.  And I have been honored to make friends with, and be a part of a community, that is truly the vanguard of this artform (we have some truly amazing designers, artists, and mathematicians here).

I wouldn't put the experience on the level of a spiritual revelation or anything, but I'm certainly overjoyed to have found this place.

The Rev
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:31:54 PM by The Rev » Logged
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:34 AM »

I used to prostitute myself for crack before I found Mandelbulb 3D.  And now, I don't smoke crack anymore at all!  Thanks, Jesse!

In all seriousness though... as was said before - I really feel that this is the closest I will ever come to exploring alien worlds.  And, I intend to push the boundaries as far as I possibly can!  The idea of some of these complex renders becoming real-time in the next few years is extremely exciting to me.  Also, the possibility of more complex multi-dimensional calculations, mixed with new formulas and implementations we can't even imagine yet...  its all so amazing!  And yet, I feel that most of us are just sitting here in obscurity, making some of the most wondrous creations that humans have ever seen - while the general public is busy watching Jersey Shore or tweeting about what they did in the bathroom this morning.  Hopefully, this latest vid that subblue made will really thrust 3D fractals into the spotlight, where they deserve to be.

As far as changing my actual life.  I recently had a spiritual sort of awakening in relation to picturing 4D objects being sliced in 3D.  I suddenly realized that I was just a part of a higher dimensional being who only thinks he's in 3D.  And, seemingly due to my insight, I felt as if I channeled a demonic entity while listening to a podcast about demons.  I don't see any other explanation.  I mean, I normally can't just find a fully formed demon creature with wings and all!  And, I wasn't even raised religious.  So yeah, changed my life...   Don't believe me?  Then you try to find something as anthropomorphic as this!

1200x900 in Gallery (w/formula)         1600x1200 hi-res jpg download

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
miner49er
Safarist

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »

Yes, it has changed my life - it introduced me to 3D fractals and has subsequently made me addicted to exploring them using Jesse's fantastic program. This subsequently enouraged me to buy a more powerfull PC to render the fractals quicker which has left me bloody broke, so thanks again Jesse ;-)

This forum is also a site I now visit daily checking out folks amazing 'discoveries' and creations, therefore wasting work-time as well as home-play-time..

All in all, yes!

lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »

Life Changing? No...War, Disease, Marriage, Divorce, Kids, those are Life Changing

Art Changing? Absolutely

I was a Fractal buff for years now I'm a Fractal Fanatic
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »

Really cool responses!

In todays world of alternatives at least in the west, spiritual experiences seem to be a varied bunch!

I had no definition of magnitude in mind, Rev, just an appreciation of its impact.

I certainly know that i can think more clearly and experience more deeply because i accept fractals and a fractal paradigm. But the Board itself crystallised that all for me, and has given me the opportunity to be fractal!

ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »

my everyday life is "sensitive to initial conditions". ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory )
When i read fractalforums, my day is different.

My life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal ) :
* It has a fine structure at arbitrarily small scales. (days (see above))
* It is too irregular to be easily described in traditional Euclidean geometric language.
* It is self-similar (at least approximately or stochastically).
* It has a Hausdorff dimension which is greater than its topological dimension (although this requirement is not met by space-filling curves such as the Hilbert curve). (or does it ?)
* It has a simple and recursive definition.

So, yes. it change my life when i read it.
it change my life when i don't read it.
it change my life when i'm explaining how fractalforums changed my life.
it change my life when i write that it change my life when i'm explaining how fractalforums changed my life and will change it again in the future.
it changed my life when i explained that it change my life when i write that it change my life when i'm explaining how fractalforums changed my life and will change it again in the future.
it changed my life when i wrote the previous sentence.
it changed my life when i wrote the previous sentence.
Woops !

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:08:40 PM by ker2x » Logged

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:15:01 PM »

In all due respect.. The question sounds like a brainwashing cult is asking for your "testimony"  Mormon  church does it too!  Many things change add to our lives.  But for those who think FF is a major player?  Well they may want to think about getting a life. (just saying)

ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

In all due respect.. The question sounds like a brainwashing cult is asking for your "testimony"  Mormon  church does it too!  Many things change add to our lives.  But for those who think FF is a major player?  Well they may want to think about getting a life. (just saying)

grin grin

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »

I seem to remember I had a life before discovering FF. No idea where it went though wink

That's a bit of BS of course, but I do find myself (too?) much on this forums since I became a member. On the other hand, that may be related to the fact that I need something to do while M3D is busy benchmarking the cooling fans of my CPU... And the fact that the respect and friendliness on this forum has no equal on the internet... And the fact that it's winter, so I don't need to strap on these 20 meter wings to my back grin

So has it changed my life? More or less, although I would say that M3D changed it more. Would I be lost without FF? probably not. Would I be lost without M3D? Well... I quit smoking, so I can probably quit M3D...  very surprised very surprised very surprised

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: