Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 02:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: Has Fractalforums.com changed your life?
YES
Maybe....
No

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Has Fractalforums.com changed your life?  (Read 4184 times)
Description: Share how it has impacted on you and your world
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »

In all due respect.. The question sounds like a brainwashing cult is asking for your "testimony"  Mormon  church does it too!  Many things change add to our lives.  But for those who think FF is a major player?  Well they may want to think about getting a life. (just saying)

Silly girl!  Don't you know that if you don't wash your brain every once in a while, you'll get a Dirty Mind!  devil

Life Changing? No...War, Disease, Marriage, Divorce, Kids, those are Life Changing

Well, given even that definition, I can safely say Yes.

Fractal Forums has, indeed, changed my life!

Ya see, back in 2006 I got a job working on a website for a model.  She wanted something really colorful and flashy for a banner ad, and I was looking around for stock art I could get for free that would fit the bill.

I kept seeing Fractal Art, but none of it was specifically listed as Royalty Free and OK to use Commercially.

So I looked into getting a fractal generator, and wound up with Chaospro - doing something very much like this for the ad:

She liked it, and I kept trying to find new ways to make content for her site using my new toys.

Then I found this site, and Christian's program Mutatorkammer!  I started showing Lissa "Fractalled" images of her as ideas for banner ads.  That got me animating Lissa's images in silly ways just for fun, but She liked them and some made it to the site.  They even got just as much reaction as some of the more ...  Naughty images!

Yes, I did all the other things a webmaster does for such sites (maintenance, video editing, and design work - plus whatever else came up) but it did start with Fractal Art and banner ads.

So by helping me get Work I can safely say that this site changed my life.  I even got 2 Paying Jobs from being here; One sequence for an independent movie, and one advertising piece.  And always looking for others.

But there's more...

Lissa and I got rather close while I was working for her, as some of you may know.  In fact, we are getting Married in the Springtime!  

While I can't say that this forum and the help I got here blending fractals and images was a huge part of all that, it certainly played a role in it.  And anything even remotely connected to my getting close to Lissa counts as Life Changing!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:04:12 PM by Sockratease, Reason: speelinf eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »

Congrats Sock! Will we all be invited for the wedding???  cheesy cheesy cheesy

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »

Congrats Sock! Will we all be invited for the wedding???  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why not?

Still not sure if it's gonna be in New Jersey, Wisconsin, or Florida - but if anybody really wants to go, I'll let you know where and when it's going to be!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »

Well yes, but not as much as it might have because I was already a fractaholic smiley

In my case the first life-changing event/discovery was programming when I was first introduced to BASIC courtesy of a subsidiary course when doing a Chemistry degree in around 1983 (never completed as it prompted me to switch to programming immediately).
The second life-changing event was in April 1999 when I had some spare time and downloaded Fractint (having heard of fractals but with no real knowledge of them).

Of course the third event was courtesy of ff - it was when I rendered the first detailed view of Daniel White's (and Paul Nylander's) 3D fractal showing that the bulbs had bulbs had bulbs.... (later to be called the Mandelbulb).
Things continue from there obviously - with the introduction by members of ff of the Mandelbox and KIFS plus all the potential hybrids (an ongoing voyage of discovery that I'm hoping will actually accelerate).

Am just finishing an important project at "real" work (i.e. one that may actually earn some hard cash) so I hope soon to be able to get back to spending more time on fractals (initially mainly fractal programming, fractal art is gong to have to wait a while).

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »

In all due respect.. The question sounds like a brainwashing cult is asking for your "testimony"  Mormon  church does it too!  Many things change add to our lives.  But for those who think FF is a major player?  Well they may want to think about getting a life. (just saying)

i think i know where you are coming from bent winged angel. I did actually give it some thought before i posted the topic. For some people this would be a private matter and deeply personal, i thought; but that is catered for because they do not have to respond.
Others would see this as promoting the board; and that is ok cos the board has much to promote!

I think the quality of the responses show that nobody here is more brainwashed than anybody else in the world, nor more cultish or cliquish or nerdish or anorakish, or sad or ....  whatever, than anyone else.

FF is a major player in some peoples personal life, including my own. It may be in some who have not decided and it definitely is not in some others.  I thought that was a fair set of distinctions, but it seems i can add another if you would like.

You remind me of my wife, BWA  embarrass er, just saying!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »

You remind me of my wife, BWA   er, just saying!

IMPOSSIBLE!  ONCE THAT EGG CRACKED OPEN?huh??

I also resent that being the UNIQUE CHICKY THAT I AM!  cheesy wink

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »

grin

You are so right! My apologies o both of you! wink

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: