Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 04:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hi fractal people!  (Read 1748 times)
3dpete
Forums Freshman

« on: December 28, 2010, 12:37:05 AM »

thanks for setting up this forum, and posting the Mandelbulb3d.   I've used Apophysis for about 3 years and love it.  With the help of Exper's scripts, I've done a lot of animating from Apo, here is a compilation of some of those...

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16014551&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16014551&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

I've been using Mandelbulb3d for one day and I am completely blown away!!!!  should have a nice 1080P animation ready for Vimeo in a few days.

I tried a whole new approach to creating fractals with 3dsMax.  I read years ago that you could stack reflective Christmas tree bulb ornaments and photograph the reflections to see fractals.  So I recreated that in 3d models (using some reflection and illumination properties that are not possible in a real world scene) to get some fractal images.  the geometry is relatively simple - just spheres and boxes, the variation occurs mainly with changes to the camera viewing angle relative to the geometry and the size and placement of the geometry. 

* 3dPete10162010-400-mini.jpg (70.45 KB, 493x308 - viewed 382 times.)
Softology
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »

I read years ago that you could stack reflective Christmas tree bulb ornaments and photograph the reflections to see fractals.

Wada basins
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/fractals/wada/
http://www.miqel.com/fractals_math_patterns/visual-math-wada-basin-spheres.html

Jason.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:24 AM »

hello and welcome to the forums!

there exists a thread on how to create a mandelbulb with apophysis transformations, nice animations!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dpete
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »

Yes, Wada basins, that work is very inspiring.
Thanks Jason

--------------------------------

Mixing Apo & Mandelbulb? Awesome!! - I'll check that out, soon as I catch my breath !

Thanks
Pete
PoolShark
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:30 PM »

First thought I had when I heard about raytracing was stacking chrome balls on an image...
Mostly to see if I could crash it. cheesy

BoarFleet Commandant, Retired
Graphics enthusiast since 1987
Old Tools: Bryce,Kpt,Psp
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: