Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 10:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber 0.85  (Read 4972 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« on: July 17, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »

Mandelbulber 0.85 - for Linux x86, Linux x64 and also for Win32

Open source program (GNU GPL) for rendering photo-realistic 3D fractals

Free download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/

New features on version 0.85

- added animation of different parameters by sound envelope, and envelope of selected sound frequency bands
- added command-line mode. Program can work without GUI on environments without any display drivers
- after pressing "Record key-frame" button, program tries to load next keyframe if exists
- GUI redesign: image tab was divided into image and shaders tabs
- animation can be rendered also into PNG and PNG with alpha channel image sequence

Example animation with IFS parameters animated by sound (no post-processing in other programs):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlDrtVLV58&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlDrtVLV58&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

New command-line options (tested on Linux):

Syntax:
mandelbulber [options...] [settings_file]
options:
  -nogui          - start program without GUI
  -flight         - render flight animation
  -keyframe       - render keyframe animation
  -start N        - start rendering from frame number N
  -end            - rendering will end on frame number N
  -format FORMAT  - image output format
     jpg - JPEG format
     png - PNG format
     png16 - 16-bit PNG format
     png16alpha - 16-bit PNG with alpha channel format
[settings_file] - file with fractal settings (program also tries to find file in ./mandelbulber/settings directory)
When settings_file is put as command argument then program will start in noGUI mode

Before first run please use install script

My image gallery: http://krzysztofmarczak.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »

sweet music

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Loadus
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:15 PM »

Awesome work! I left some feature requests at SourceForge a while back, so I won't crosspost them here, heh. Just came to mind, is antialiasing possible in the rendering engine? And can you add an option to export the different passes as 16-bit PNG (Z-depth, AO most importantly)? Thx so muchos for this wonderful program. Grin with closed eyes

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 09:24:53 PM »

Awesome work! I left some feature requests at SourceForge a while back, so I won't crosspost them here, heh. Just came to mind, is antialiasing possible in the rendering engine? And can you add an option to export the different passes as 16-bit PNG (Z-depth, AO most importantly)? Thx so muchos for this wonderful program. Grin with closed eyes
I read your feature requests on SourceForge but last days was VERY hot weather in my country and I didn't have strength to sit by computer. My computer is also overheating. In next versions I will take into consideration your suggestions. Good idea is the option to save all image layers in separate images. About antialiasing, it will be very difficult to make it in my rendering engine, because image in memory is multi-layered. Now the best for achieve anti-aliasing is to render image in doubled resolution and reduce resolution after rendering. Of course it needs lots of memory.
I think many people are waiting for hybrid formulas. Now it is the most important feature to add.

Loadus
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »

Excellent.

Yea, we've been having killerhot weather here too (expected to continue tomorrow after few cool days).

About the antialias: maybe add a built-in image scaler, similar to the window scaler, to achieve out-of-the-box antialias? If I render an image at 3000x2000 with 2xAA, it would actually render it internally at 6000x4000 and then scale it before saving it. Just an idea and it's not that important as that can be done in image editor. Grin with closed eyes

Solid work so far, the renders from mandelbulber are pure magic.

Hamilton
Alien

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »

Speaking of cool new features to implement, what about stereoscopic rendering such as anaglyph?
We got a simple example in the following post:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=3091.msg19899#msg19899
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »

that's great cheesy
So now you can directly animate by audio smiley

Crazy idea: Somehow interpret those IFS as audio sequence, use that sequence to animate the IFS and use the new shape as audio sequence, repeat.
This would give you a Doublefractal cheesy
(No idea how to interpret such a shape as audio though.)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: