Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 11:17:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Your Fractals  (Read 5413 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: July 07, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »

What do they say about you?  For instance do all yours tend to have your "signature" , "style" on them?  Are they very architectural?  More abstract?  Balanced?  complex?  or do you go with the KISS idea.. (keep it simple stupid?) wink

Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »

I go with KISS. wink
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:31:55 AM »

What do they say about you?
    For instance do all yours tend to have your "signature", "style" on them?
    Are they very architectural?
    More abstract?  Balanced?  Complex? 
    or do you go with the KISS idea.. (keep it simple stupid?)

I do not believe I even have a particular style.  The only thing my fractals say about me is that I am "eclectic eccentric".    smiley

But I do appreciate the KISS over the massively layered/post-processed and/or severely complex/busy type images.  There has always been a lot of truth in the old adage about "less being more".

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »

I always aim to do something "different" and "new".
Unfortunately this doesn't extend to my colouring as much as I would like - I definitely have a tendancy to earth tones wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »

Bent-Winged Angel , I just wrote a * Thank you * for your comment and read around now ...

You wrote >I definitely have a tendancy to earth tones - for myself,  I realize it too :-)))

Margit
[/color]
lkmitch
Fractal Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »

I have a fondness for monochrome/grayscale images in my own work.  I feel that they emphasize the structure of the shape.
djenkins22
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:10 AM »

I found i have liked smooth but bright fractals. Clean images make it really easy on the eyes.

Ill find one to upload
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »

i like to go hard out with the resolution and antialiasing  evil

Far
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »

I like to try out a lot of styles, but many of my favorite pieces are "texture fields" with no real focal point and a lot of color variation. Some people may find such a thing to be busy... but I'd ask those people if a close-up photo of granite or a tree in full fall foliage looks busy to them too. angel

MarkJayBee
Fractal Fertilizer

Markjaybee Fractal Mark_Jay_Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 10:30:42 PM »

My approach definitely tends to the 'architectural' - which I currently find mostly
in mandelbox/amazing boxes, KIFS and hybrids thereof. I also try to aim for a surreal,
large scale 'landscape' type of image, with a - usually fairly vivid - colour range to
(hopefully) complement the final image and composition.
I've tried to apply the visual techniques I use in my traditional illustrative SF work,
and Mandelbulb 3D is currently my tool of choice to achieve this.  cheesy

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried in the first place.

http://markjaybeefractal.com/
http://mjb-graphics.co.uk/
http://deviantart.com/markjaybee/
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »

I like to use lots of droplets and round things in my fractals I also tend to stick with pastel colors and

also my fractals are all free transform fractals this means they were all done by rotating scaling and duplicating images by hand in inkscape or photoshop or some other graphics program

these days I stick to inkscape because I see most commercial software as a conspiracy to make us dependent on companies
for authorization keys. Also I won't pirate because that is not dependable and it makes me nervous because it is wrong police. So I am open-source all the way so that effects my style too. afro

open-source rocks
Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »

What do they say about you?  For instance do all yours tend to have your "signature" , "style" on them?  Are they very architectural?  More abstract?  Balanced?  complex?  or do you go with the KISS idea.. (keep it simple stupid?) wink

I tend to go through phases.  Get an idea going ten try to take it to fruition.  Overall I like abstracts with intense coloring. definately KISS!  Right now I'm into Fractal Explorer animation.
Thunderwave
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »

I just love to experiment with different ways to make fractals, like by hand, photoshop, Bryce, and fractal programs themselves.
The Rev
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 06:39:33 PM »

I'll have one of each of what you all are having! cheesy

I'm still really new to this, so I haven't settled on a style yet, I don't think.  I'm just very into experimentation right now.  I'm still at that phase where every new thing I try is, "Whoa!  I didn't know I could do THAT!"  It's very exciting.

I think I have found my true artistic calling in fractals, tho.  They represent the complex hidden in the simple to me, which makes any beauty discovered all the more enthralling.  There is more complexity in the equation X²+c than in the entire Universe.  How could any thinking being not be awestruck by that?

The Rev
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »

I suppose I should answer my own question... embarrass

Mine say that I enjoy being in "toon town"  
Have the attention span of a knat!
Get easily distracted by any shiny object that comes across my path.
Thst I did not grow up being computer savvy.
Definately KISS! kiss
and that my 10 yr. old PC could be dying.  sad
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:26:53 PM by Bent-Winged Angel » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: